Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

Hi, does anybody know what the specific perks are for each level in the new level 10 system? I just want to know if it's even worth contributing anymore since I'm not interested in movies or music from Google Play.

Thanks,

-Pete

426 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Higher Level Benefits?

Hi @jdmaxima89,

Local Guides enjoy early access to new product features and rewards from Google partners and these awards are available worldwide or by region. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that Local Guides are free to contribute to at their own leisure.

Local Guides who have opted in to receive benefit emails will be updated with any new rewards and we encourage Local Guides to check their email-settings and update/monitor their email preferences as well as their spam or promotions folder.

Stay tuned for more features and rewards to pop up throughout the year! 🙂 In the meantime, you can learn more about points, levels and rewards here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system?

Previously, there was only 5 levels with the following listed benefits:

1) Level 1 (Which requires 0+ Points):

• You will get the inside scoop with our monthly newsletter
  • You can join Google-hosted workshops and Hangouts
  • In some of select countries, you can enter into exclusive contests for Local Guides
  • You can join the conversation at Local Guides Connect

2) Level 2 (Which Requires 5+ Points):

• You can get early access to new Google products and feature
  • You can promote your own meet-ups on the Local Guides calendar

3) Level 3 (Which Requires 50+ Points):

• You will get noticed with your Local Guides badge in Google Maps
  • You can lead the conversation by moderating Local Guides community channels
  • You can be eligible to receive training and promotion of unofficial communities

4) Level 4 (Which Requires 200+ Points):

• you will receive free Google Drive storage for one year
  • you can be eligible to be featured on google's official online channels: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and more

5) Level 5 (Which Requires 500+ Points):

• you can eligible for Trusted Testing opportunities Like access Google products and features before they are made public
  • you can also apply to attend our Local Guides Level 5 summit

But what are the NEW benefits with the 10 level system? I personally don't care about Music or Movie perks with Google Play

Level 6

Higher Level Benefits?

Silly question, but are there benefits to the higher levels other than a different badge? Maybe I'm missing it... but I can't find anything else. I went from Level 4 to level 6 with the change, what do I gain for reaching level 7, 8, 9, etc?

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @jdmaxima89,

Local Guides enjoy early access to new product features and rewards from Google partners and these awards are available worldwide or by region. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that Local Guides are free to contribute to at their own leisure.

Local Guides who have opted in to receive benefit emails will be updated with any new rewards and we encourage Local Guides to check their email-settings and update/monitor their email preferences as well as their spam or promotions folder.

Stay tuned for more features and rewards to pop up throughout the year! 🙂 In the meantime, you can learn more about points, levels and rewards here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL wrote:

Hi @jdmaxima89, stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year! 🙂 In the meantime, you can learn more about points, levels and perks here.

That's great.

Looking forward to see what's in store for us 😉

Level 6

It could be that they are still trying to figure out what knickknacks to give, just be patient they will provably get around to it.

Level 5

Is there any banifit after reach level 5

Is there any banifit from Google for being a part of google local Guides. I assume that i get any other features of google but i think i have the account as it is not any banifit i found
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Is there any banifit after reach level 5

Now you see we have more levels 😊

Level 6

I was looking for this earlier, but I have yet to find any. I expect there will be in the future, discount on Google products would be superb!

Level 8

We do contribute without expectation. So, let's continue. 🙂