AntonellaGr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Venezia hidden places

You say frittelle @KarenVChin ?

Well, frittelle is not a simple word, there is a world behind this simple concept of this typical Venetian sweet.

In Venice, during carnival, the people spend more or less two millions of Euros every day, just for carnival cakes, and 95% are spent for Frittelle.

We bought frittelle in one of the most beautiful pastry of Venice. Here my view of last year: https://goo.gl/maps/nnSgU8dKJzp

and of this year, of course:

Caption - Frittelle with zabaione - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Frittelle with zabaione - Local Guide @ErmesT

Frittelle are very different from cream puffs. The dough is different, and so is the taste, and I am sure that @AntonellaGr will give more details

Level 8

ciao @ErmesT and @KarenVChin 

frittelle..mmmm... More details:

1. extremely good
  2. do not eat if you are on a diet
  3. no cholesterol free
  4. the traditional version (tradizionale veneziana) is made with raisin. Other recipes have been added with zabaione, chantilly cream, chocolate, this year I found a new one with pistachio  but I didn't like it
  5. frittelle are fried and then filled with cream. A sort of bigné but the taste is completely different

Antonella

Level 7

Thank you @AntonellaGr for such amazing and interesting post, I also prefer discover hidden places where no tourists crowd ☺