Yost_to_Coast's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Tips from Guides

Hey everyone! I've been doing this a little over a year now and just hit a milestone of four million views on my photos. I was just curious if you guys had any extra tips on getting more views on photos. I've seen a trend on what brings views but I'm looking for more advice. Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

St. Louis, MO, United States
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Tips from Guides

Hi @Yost_to_Coast,

Unfortunately only two ideas I have. 

1. Submit photo to those POI's which is famous. 

2. Submit photo, if there is no photo available. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Yost_to_Coast A Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Number of visualizations depends of course of many different factors. 

The top condition for it is to have a high quality photo on a place with many search on Google. 

Personally I'm not focusing on the visualizations number, but in trying to provide photos of places with a low amount of photos, or with no photos at all. 

As this is your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 7

I appreciate all your help. Thank you very much! I have been running my own photography business for the last 9 years. But one day I decided to start uploading to some of the Google Map suggestions that kept popping up on my phone. So here we are about a year-and-a-half later and I have over 4 million views now! I've obviously taking what I've learned from photography and Incorporated that in my Google photos. Great symmetry, interesting perspectives and all in all just getting the photos people are wanting to see. I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Level 7

Thanks man! I've just been having a lot more luck recently with taking photos of inside of restaurants. Not even necessarily the food, I get more views on the actual dining area. 

@dєєpαкк wrote:

Hi @Yost_to_Coast,

Unfortunately only two ideas I have. 

1. Submit photo to those POI's which is famous. 

2. Submit photo, if there is no photo available. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the feedback @Yost_to_Coast

I'm glad to be part of the community too. 

A small tip for you: in replying to someone, I suggest you to use the @ symbol. In this way the mentioned person will be notified of your reply. It makes it easier when you are replying in some long thread 

Happy mapping 

Ermes