NgocVu3822's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The time to browse Roads Google Maps is surprisingly fast

Hello Local Guides and moderators, I have a question that recently, the approval time for "Add, delete, edit roads" has become very fast (about 24 - 48 hours instead of 1 to 2 weeks or never know the results), don't know if it has anything to do with "Upgrading Road approval speed" or "I'm using the Google One package because before using this package the Road approval speed was the same as before"?

Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận, Việt Nam
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The time to browse Google Maps is surprisingly fast

Hi @NgocVu3822 

Last week I reported the same. 1-2 days for approvals. And one week later all non-approved roads were no longer pending (deleted). 

That is a substantial improvement compared to earlier. 

See https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Lessons-Learned-from-Suggesting-72-Road-Edi...

Cheers

Morten

Level 9

Hi @MortenCopenhagen, It's really good because before I had a hard time reporting wrong or non-existent roads, now the job of editing the entire road for the city I live in has become convenient and easy. 🥰

Connect Moderator

It's great that the approval time has been improved, but I genuinely believe that it has nothing to do with the Google One subscription. 

Level 10

Re: The time to browse Roads Google Maps is surprisingly fast

Hi @NgocVu3822 

in the last days (last week) I do have the same experience of a really fast approval.

Just for a quick reference:

24 Feb, 120 approved roads, 64 did in the 23rd of feb and 35 did on the 24th of feb ( >80% within 48 hours )

25 Feb, 179 approved roads, 127 did on the 24th of Feb, 25 did on the 25th of Feb ( >80% within 48 hours)

all the other approved roads were made in the last 10 days and only really few (< 5%) were made in the past.

Hope to see if this will be the "future".

Btw, are you joining the TRAC event held by @SholaIB ? Is a huge campaign for all of us "roaders" that are interested into editing roads.

Have a look here.

Take care

Marco

@MortenCopenhagen 

TRAC Badge
Level 9

OK, this explains all:

All servers and personell which used to count views are now approving road edits 🤣

Recently I did not do any edits, but saw some from December being refused.

Willfried
My Contributions
Connect Moderator

@MarcoDavoli 

I have just noticed this today that some of my road edits have been approved in a few hours. This will be a good improvement for our upcoming TRAC event.

Hello @NgocVu3822 ,

You are welcome to join our TRAC team soonest. We will be soliciting for more local guides to join in a post soon. Keep your eyes open for the post this week l. In addition to that wouldn't you like to attend Our 2024 TRAC pre-launch meet-up?  You are very welcome to participate.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Hi @SholaIB, I'm also curious and interested in this, can you give me more details? Thank you

Connect Moderator

Hello @NgocVu3822 

Please kindly visit Index-for-TRAC-All-you-need-to-know !!! . There is all the explanations and information you need to know.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @NgocVu3822 

There is not an higher speed for users of Google one, but there is a series of circumstances that combined together can improve the approval speed.

@MarcoDavoli , My results EDIT from the last 24 18 hours and 30 minutes are:

Accepted 157 195

Dec 22 = 1

Dec 30 = 0 1

Jan 01 = 1

Jan 06 = 1

Jan 07 = 1

Jan 08 = 1

Jan 19 = 2

Jan 21 = 2

Jan 27 = 2

Feb 03 = 1

Feb 04 = 1

Feb 05 = 1

Feb 07 = 1

Feb 08 = 1

Feb 10 = 1

Feb 12 = 1

Feb 13 = 11 16

Feb 14 = 1

Feb 15 = 4 8

Feb 17 = 13 14

Feb 18 = 3 5

Feb 19 = 10 11

Feb 20 = 58 74

Feb 21 = 3

Feb 22 = 0 8

Feb 23 = 19 20

Feb 25 = 17 18

Feb 26 = 1

Feb 27 = 0 1

Not evaluated for overtime (submission + 3 months) = 89, from Nov 25 to Nov 28

Not accepted: 4 5

Feb 25 = 1

Feb 26 = 3 4

Of course I can update the data at midnight if it can help (they are changing every 5-10 minutes) but I don't think it can makes a big difference. While I was writing the post I had 5 approved road, 4 submitted on Feb 15, and 1 from Feb 16