TheRealKristin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The LG Program is for the Greater Good of All Humanity :)

Manchester Meetup with Local Guides @TheRealKristin, @PeteMHW, @AdrianLunsong, Anthony and @Maria68Manchester Meetup with Local Guides @TheRealKristin, @PeteMHW, @AdrianLunsong, Anthony and @Maria68Being in the Google Maps Local Guide Program is so much more than just getting points for writing reviews, posting pictures, and doing edits…

#CleanTheWorld 2019 meetup hosted by @KarenVChin & @ermest photo by @LuigiZ#CleanTheWorld 2019 meetup hosted by @KarenVChin & @ErmesT photo by @LuigiZ

Being a LG is an opportunity to put a finger print on the world; a continuous impact of the way that we see the world that will remain for future generations to come. 

LGs who have a connection with the UK at Connect Live 2019LGs who have a connection with the UK at Connect Live 2019Being a LG is an opportunity to reflect today's physical viewpoints, emotions, and thought patterns about the earth we live in into a worldwide intertwined platform system, that people can access from all around the world.

TheRealKristin holds up the Google logo signTheRealKristin holds up the Google logo signBeing a LG is an opportunity to grow positive reinforcement into society, and stand proud with one's opinions, knowledge, and time spent in order to make a difference for people all over the world. 

Meeting up with Local Guides from around the world at the famous Boba Guys boba shop in San Francisco, CA 2019Meeting up with Local Guides from around the world at the famous Boba Guys boba shop in San Francisco, CA 2019

My Birmingham Foodie Meetup with new LGs  @Sandychelle  & @proudlywoman (& her friend) 2019My Birmingham Foodie Meetup with new LGs @Sandychelle & @proudlywoman (& her friend) 2019

Being a LG also has meant to me growing positively within a community of other like-minded individuals, whether it via the online blog platform, via in person meet ups, and also having had the opportunity last year to attend the life changing Local Guides Connect Live 2019, where friendships were formed that will last for years beyond what I ever imagined.

Coffee Meetup hosted by @KarenVChin Photo by @LuigiZ 2019Coffee Meetup hosted by @KarenVChin Photo by @LuigiZ 2019

Being a LG, I have been able to make friendships with people all around the world from countries that I didn't even think much about in the past, but now I feel I know so much more about different cultures, people, their environments, and their country. And realizing that all around the world the same basics of humans are the key reason for our existence.

Local Guides Connect 2019Local Guides Connect 2019Just because we speak a different language or have a different skin color or clothing, it doesn't mean that we don't all still desire the same things in life. And the one thing that is so apparent amongst all the other LG's in our Google Local Guides Program, is a smile.

San Jose, CA 2019San Jose, CA 2019

Whether it is a smile when meeting a new person, a smile to show we are happy to see one another again, or a smile when we say goodbye hoping to see them again soon. We always offer a friendly smile; not only to other LG's, but to people in our communities and beyond.

#OneAccessibility Meetup hosted by @EmekaUlor 2019#OneAccessibility Meetup hosted by @EmekaUlor 2019

Imagine letting future guests who use a wheelchair to get around, know if the location is accessible or not, and what those specifications are by writing this in your reviews. Or a mom with small children and a baby stroller can know from your pictures if there is a changing station in the toilet facilities. Every little thing helps others when we think outside the box and outside of ourselves.

Photo of Local Guides Connect 2019 courtesy of Google MapsPhoto of Local Guides Connect 2019 courtesy of Google MapsIn summary, what the Google Maps Local Guide Programs means to me, is an opportunity to be something so much more greater than myself; for the goodness of all humanity.

England, UK
21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The LG Program is for the Greater Good of All Humanity :)

Hi @TheRealKristin,

very nice post, lot of qualities and opportunities being a Local Guides and indeed all to help each other.

I wish you good luck and hope to see you again, for now I leave you a big smile 😄 and a kiss from Italy 😘.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 9

Wonderful post wonderful pictures wonderful local guide @TheRealKristin  wish you all the best and wish to meet you again 🙂

Level 10

Wow! Very lovely photos and great post @TheRealKristin. You're one of the few business owners I know on Connect that have a strong passion for helping others through the LG program. Absolutely fascinating story right there. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your application. 

Isaac
Level 10

@LuigiZ You've been such an inspiration to forward my love of coffee and soft beverages! Thank you ☺️  🙏 
Italy is still on my list to visit - so I'll see you again in the future for sure! 

Level 10

Thanks @OSAMA ! Such a coincidence in life being able to meet you! I wish you all the best in your journey 🙂

Level 10

Hey @Mayford 

I didn't know this fact 🙂 But again I don't actually know any other local guides who are physical shop business owners... or many other shop business owners anyways except for people I meet in my area. LOL 😂 😝 🤣 

I def try my best to make sure anyone I do meet with a business is up to date on how to best utilise Google My Business.

Thanks for all your help with the pics at the event... and I look forward to seeing you again soon one day! Take care.

Level 9

Level 8

Ynt: The LG Program is for the Greater Good of All Humanity :)

Great 👍 post @TheRealKristin . Cherry from 🇹🇷 Turkey.

Turkish local guide living in Ontario, Canada

Follow me on Google MapsInstagram (Personal) | Instagram (Local Guides Turkey)  | Facebook  | Twitter | Youtube 

Connect Moderator

Beautiful post @TheRealKristin , I am so glad to appear (twice) in there. OMG

I wish you all the best with your application and, if you haven't already .... if you want to share your video with us, here is the place for doing that: Let's the fun start - Wants to share your video here 

Hope (for both of us) to meet you again this year

Ermes