SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

TRAC 2024-Lets Do 100k Roads !!!

Caption: A photo of a road leading up to a hill in significance of TRAC. The bike riders on the road in significance of local guides and participants in TRAC event. The inscription on it TRAC 2024. Getting back on TRAC March 23rd. Cover photo credits @@JustJake.Caption: A photo of a road leading up to a hill in significance of TRAC. The bike riders on the road in significance of local guides and participants in TRAC event. The inscription on it TRAC 2024. Getting back on TRAC March 23rd. Cover photo credits @@JustJake.

Hellooooo !!!

This brings us back again on TRAC  . It's the biggest season of our event. We are no more strangers on connect and even on Google maps. We are kicking off today and now so please feel free to join the train.

• Please note: This event kicks off exactly today the 23rd of March 2024 and runs through to September 23rd. All being well
  • All participants both old and new should kindly endeavour to fill the form. We want to be sure the old participants wants to continue on the campaign and that new ones wants to join. Lack of activity means exclusion from our periodic charts and news. 

How can I join TRAC   ??? 

• Kindly fill out this 👉🏼Form  
  • We also kindly request for a screenshot of your profile photo showing the number of roads you have before participating in TRAC   
  • Username on connect to  be able to access the Google maps profile and to follow your progress as we go along and perhaps tag you on our posts on connect as well.
  • Geographical location
  • There is a link to our telegram group on the form. Feel free to join or not. It's optional. Nevertheless it's very interesting interacting closely outside connect.
  • Meet-up and group discussions are a possibility for instructions and motivations 
  • We will plan to publish top 10 highest contributors at the end of the event in September all being well.

We have since reviewed the aims,objectives and rules of the initiatives.

1. We will endeavour not to account for inactive or dormant members(If any) when announcing our results or publishing news of TRAC on connect.
  2. We will be ready to tutor local guides privately until you have at least 10 approved roads before you can officially join TRAC 
  3. Accuracy and correct drawing of roads as opposed to rush rush for high figures and shoddy road drawing practices.
  4. We are open to vibrant ideas and ways to better or improve the initiative viz a viz improve roads on Google maps.

What are the requirements for joining?

1. Particularly must be an active and legitimate local guide.
  2. Participants must have at least X amount of approved roads on their profile. Just to encourage all hands to be on deck.
  3. Your level as a local guide is not a rerequirement joining TRAC. It's opened to local guides from level 1-10.

I haven't any clue about drawing roads and don't have any approved roads on my profile. Can I still join? 

• The answer is YES. There will be a probation period allowed of which we will be happy to tutor local guides for their first few roads.

Ready for take off then? Away you go see you up the road somewhere.

Thank you for joining.

Happy mapping 

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Please Note: This is not a competition it's a simple campaign. It is aimed at creating awareness on drawing roads.It's also aimed at improving the maps network worldwide. There are  no gift or medals at the end of the campaign.it's a voluntary activity like all local guides activities.

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good

N.B Please check on the Index-for-TRAC-All-you-need-to-know.  . Thank you.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: TRAC 2024-Lets Do 100k Roads !!!

Reserved for other purposes !!!

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Hello @SholaIB here is my Map profile snapshot

1000033273.png

 caption :- snapshot of Google map profile infographic.

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 10

Good start to TRAC to all 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @ShailendraOjha 

Well it's OK to share it here it's no harm,thank you. We advise rather to attach it to your form before submitting it. That's better.

Thank you @Berete1 really miss you around. Happy to be starting again. Let's do it. Happy start to all.

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

I know dear @SholaIB i just shared for newbies to understand how the share & showing Road add achievement.

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Connect Moderator

That's perfect @ShailendraOjha 

Happy to hear that,thank you.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

@SholaIB  I filled out the form, but i didn't notice anywhere to attach the screenshot. 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Rednewt74 and @ErmesT . 

Thank you so much for your interactions on TRAC. I am quite busy with other personal stuff. Hope you don't mind late replies. Lol

Here on this thread and on our index page. The rules of participation are well spelt out. 

I have the first space here reserved and we can post new information for this season here. Please have a look at this post. 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @tony_b 

Thank you for joining TRAC. Just keep working away adding roads. We publish our road counts periodically here on connect. Therefore you don't need to do anything more. You're automatically in with us.

Please have you subscribed to the workbook by @Rednewt74 ? All you need to do is send him am Email etc.

That makes calculations of our added road as a team easier. 

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge