Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

#StateChallenge Montana

A banner with stars, stripes, and an outline of the state Montana, created by @kwiksatikA banner with stars, stripes, and an outline of the state Montana, created by @kwiksatik

ALL Local Guides around the world are welcome to participate in the #StateChallenge!!!  Whether or not you have visited the United States, you can visit it on Google Maps🗺. Each #StateChallenge invites you to ✏️write an article, attend a State Trivia 👫Meetup🤳, and 📖read other Local Guide's #StateChallenge articles. Details of the challenge are here. If you write a 🏞Montana🤠 article, make sure to link to it in the comments so we can include it in our recap!

✔️Articles must be published by midnight Pacific Standard Time on 6/26/2020

✔️500 words or less

✔️Link your article in the comments here

✔️Attend the Meetup

Challenge: MONTANA

What have you 👀seen, 🎣done, 🍔eaten or 🏕experienced in 🏞Montana? If you traveled there, what would you want to 😎see, 🏇do 🍗eat or experience in 🗻Montana?

Here is a list of interesting places in 🤠Montana🤠 to help get you started!

Fun facts about Montana:

1. Montana grows many of the seed 🥔potatoes🥔 that later grow up to become the famous Idaho potatoes.
  2.  The Roosevelt Arch, located in Gardiner, Montana, is the most famous Gateway to Yellowstone.
  3. Missouri Headwater State Park is where the Jefferson, Madison and Gallatin rivers merge to form the Missouri River - which is 3701.5 km long.
  4.  The average square mile of land contains 1.4 elk🦌, 1.4 pronghorn antelope, and 3.3 deer.
  5. 46 out of Montana’s 56 counties are considered “frontier counties” with an average population of 6👬👫👭 or fewer people per square mile.
  6. Montana is the only state with a triple divide allowing water to flow into the 🌎Pacific, 🌏Atlantic, and 🌏Hudson Bay. This phenomenon occurs at Triple Divide Peak in Glacier National Park.
  7. Flathead Lake in northwest Montana contains over 200 square miles of water and 185 miles of shoreline. It is considered the largest natural freshwater 🗻 lake 🗻 in the west. (and is the rumored home of the 🐳Flathead Lake Monster🐳, similar to the Loch Ness Monster...)
  8. The Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman gained fame through the work of its chief paleontologist, Jack Horner. Horner was the prototype for the character Dr. Alan Grant in the best selling novel/movie, “Jurassic Park.”
  9. Fort Keogh holds the record for the 📏largest ❄️snowflake❄️ ever observed, which was an astounding 15 inches in diameter.
  10. There are more cattle in Montana than there are people. 🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🤠🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Montana is where I spent most of my life, so if you have any questions, ask away! I love to talk about my mountain home!

This post is part of the #StateChallenge organized by @Kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlock. If you want to find out more, check out the post here, and you can also find other submissions by searching the #StateChallenge hashtag. There is also a virtual meet-up on Montana coming up which you can sign up to for very soon

Bozeman, MT, USA
6 comments
Level 8

Re: #StateChallenge Montana

@Kwiksatik  thanks for the wonderful challenge

Svitlana Churina
Connect Moderator

Someone who has never been Montana just asked me how they could contribute an article about Montana. Some thoughts.

What could you write about? Maybe...

• a National Park in Montana
  • yearly weather in Montana
  • favorite or unique foods in Montana
  • a comparison of something you love local to you vs Montana equivalent

All you need to do is write about Montana and put #StateChallenge in the title. For your picture, you can provide an original photo of what you think Montana would look like or maybe a selfie of what your face may look like when you see Montana? I know you've never been to Montana but you can be creative with your photo creation?

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

TO JOIN MEETUP TRIVIA QUIZ: EMAIL LGStateChallengeATgmail.com with the subject of "MONTANA". Provide your Connect username in the body text. The trivia game rules and the meeting URL will be sent to you when we receive your meetup request. Can't wait to have you join us!!!