SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Betreff: Sharing Drinking Water Locations

@SuzanneN reading your post made me very happy! It's always so good to read that many people actually care about our worlds plastic pollution problem! I started using a reusable bottle years ago. It's so easy to avoid plastic bottles! I also always bring my own cutlery (I have it in a handbag or backpack) to avoid plastic cutlery! 
Thanks so much for your post! 

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

@MiaMaria me too! nowadays in my backpack i am carrying a refillable coffee cup, my fork and spoon, and a small metal thermos when i know i'll be out at lunch, since much of the food people buy here is made on the street and packaged in plastic bags. i hand my thermos over and have the cook put directly into that, instead. 

i also have discovered that many restaurants will happily put takeout food in your containers instead of their disposable ones. for that reason i often get takeout from places i can walk to. i guess it's like things used to be before throw-away culture took over. 

for maps, i try to note in my reviews when places i visit are making an effort to reduce waste. i think it matters to most consumers, as it should! 

Level 9

@SuzanneN wow! That's awesome! You are so right!! Thanks for being so inspiring for us 😊

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

Re: Sharing Drinking Water Locations

Very very interesting @SuzanneN! I like the idea.

Thank you very much @KarenVChin for the tag :)))

I will start to think about it 😉

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Level 9

Thanks @SuzanneN for making this post. Also thanks @KarenVChin for show me this post thru your replies. 

You're doing great, Suzy! I just started to make a list of water refill stations around Luang Prabang, Laos, after I visited it last week. My friend just shown me an app named RefillMyBottle. I think it's already spread it movement around capital cities in Southeast Asia. 

Level 9

@MutiahA 

so awesome to read about refillmybottle!! i hope you enjoyed luang prabang, too. 🙂  

Level 7

Good one. kuddos!!

My community has started this initiative recently in Salem,Tamil Nadu,India.

Where you can get some free water, coupons, and vouchers by feeding the machine with waste plastic water bottles.

Happy Mapping