KrystinaLisi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Saint Petersburg, FL (The Sunshine City!) - Connect Live 2019

Hi Everyone!

I'm Krystina. I was a lucky attendee of the 2017 summit #BestSummitEver! Since meeting everyone in 2017 I've continued my quest to map the world and I've moved to a new city in Florida! In my opinion, it's the best city.

I love in  Saint Petersburg, Florida. Saint Pete is such a diverse and amazing city. I'm fortunate to live downtown and can walk to work and all of my favorite places!

I started adding information to Google Maps when I noticed that many of my favorite spots were not visually represented on Google Maps. I love taking photos and highlighting the places that people may overlook. Saint Petersburg is full of independently own businesses. Supporting small business is a passion of mine. 

I started seeing a lot of businesses close their doors a few years back because they couldn't compete with large chain restaurants and stores. I try very hard to shop local and shop small businesses when I get the change. Saint Pete makes it easy to do that. 

The city is full of antique stores, amazing cocktail lounges, music venues, and restaurants that are independently owned. Aside from the businesses, the city has incredible beaches, parks, bike trails, and so much more! 

The best part about Saint Pete? This is a city that cares very much about diversity. I've just recently connected with the local branch of the Diversity Chamber of Commerce. The mission of the Tampa Bay Diversity Chamber of Commerce is to provide an inclusive community for equality-minded business owners and professionals to connect and collaborate. I love their mission. They truly represent what this city is all about. 

I'm a digital marketing strategist who works for a local agency and I also do freelance work for small businesses locally. I'm a trusted photographer and I get so much gratification from watching businesses thrive after doing something so small as putting new photos on their maps listings.  

I'm also part of Google's GYBO program and I love teaching small businesses owners about the importance of taking control of their information on maps and search and showing all of the cool free tools Google has to offer. 

Although Google Maps is part of my job, I spend so much of my free time mapping the world purely because I love doing it. How amazing is it that we have a place to go to and see whatever we want to see in the world? It's a tool i'll never take for granted and I'm happy to contribute and show the world what I see from where i am! 

Connect live is actually on My Birthday This year ? November 12!!! I would love to celebrate with everyone in California!

Here are a few more reasons why I love my city. 

My Map: Here are a few of my favorite places in Saint Pete! 

My Maps Contributions: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/108296834713190822137/photos/@28.5742739,-85.9378405,7z/data=!3m...

Connect Live Application Video

https://youtu.be/EQdP8iglvBY

St Pete Sunday-13.jpgSt Pete Sunday-15.jpgIMG_4037.jpgIMG_2807.jpgIMG_3727.jpgIMG_0970.JPG

Krystina Lisi
Saint Petersburg, FL, USA
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Saint Petersburg, FL (The Sunshine City!) - Connect Live 2019

Good morning @KrystinaLisi 

Thank you for this post, and your memories of #bestsummitever

Caption: Connect moderators at #bestsummiteverCaption: Connect moderators at #bestsummitever

I just released your post from spam quarantine. Our filter is working to protect the community and you from unwanted content, but sometimes it can be triggered by something and remove a legitimate post.

Moderators are patrolling the quarantine to release the good post so, if your post has been rejected, don't post it again. Simply tag a moderator (check here and here).

For more information you can read: Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Don't worry about the application. Google can read your post even if is sent to spam by the AI

Best of luck

Level 8

Re: Saint Petersburg, FL (The Sunshine City!) - Connect Live 2019

Thank you so much!!

Krystina Lisi