jeffsmith182's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Road Closure in Advance

Hi all,

I'm helping with a Christmas Parade in Hampton Hill, London, UK on the 30th November.

It would be really useful if we could show the road as being closed from 17:30-20:30 on that day.

It would also be really useful if we could declare it and prepare it in advance of the date, so that it activates the set time.

Does anyone here know how to do this?

Thanks.

Hampton Hill, UK
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Road Closure in Advance

Hello @jeffsmith182,

Thank you for contacting Local Guide Connect . If possible, you will definitely be helped.

I am tagging this post with our moderators.

They will definitely help you.

@ErmesT

@StephenAbraham

Local Guide From India

Connect Moderator

Thank you for tagging me @SudhanshuTiwari

Hi @jeffsmith182, a warm welcome in Local Guides Connect. You are reaching the Community with an important point.

As far as I know, road closure should be managed by local authority, that have previlegiate channels for contacting Google. I can remember that, last week, New York and San Francisco marathons were indicated in Google Maps, @BruceDM.

You can also report a closure of the road due to an event: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088, using "send a feedback"

closed.PNG

Hope this can help you with the Christmas parade.

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari - What @ErmesT has shared is correct. Regular Google Maps users like ourselves are unable to suggest road closures as potential map edits. You can use the submit feedback option in Google Maps to report road closures yourself although this would be the slowest method for reporting a short term closure. Google Maps of course will suggest alternative routes in your area depending on traffic and congestion in the area. Very high profile events like a Marathon or a parade will typically be indicated on Google Maps through reporting by local authorities.

I am not available to respond on the weekend