ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Receiving point for adding a tag to the picture on Google Maps

Hi @ErmesT is this being applied retrospectively such that for all those well behaved citizens (LGs) who have been diligently adding captions before this new points system, they will get an extra point for each previously added caption?

Connect Moderator

Hello @ErmesT 

Are you still here?

Does this apply retrospectively?

Does this also apply when adding tags to photos on desktop?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @AdamGT 

Sorry for responding so late. I missed your previous tag, probably due to the huge amount of tag that moderators received before the closure of the applications for Connect Live '19.

As far as I know the tag on the photos (not to be confused with the caption) was a new feature, that rolled out on September 2018, and is available on Android only: Tag dishes on Android

As it was a new feature, not used before, how can be applied retrospectively?

Connect Moderator

Hi @ErmesT 

For completeness I thought I'd also reply here. 

No problem at all as I do understand we have gone through a busy posting period.

I still have not seen the Tagging feature on Android and as I'm sure that I'm not alone here I do wish that someone who has seen this would show this step-by-step with screen grabs.  I understand now what you mean about the retrospective issue and this question arose out of me not ever having seen this feature since its roll out back in September 2018.

I will edit my post here to clarify the tag/caption issue.