cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

{Recap} Local Guides Sent #letsguide Message To Thousands over FM Radio”

IMG_20210226_020635-01.jpegIMG_20210226_020635-01.jpeg

Hello, Local Guides,  

On Last Sunday, I received a call from Pakistan's famous and Largest FM Radio Station "Suno FM 89.4", 

I was surprised and excited at the same time because they wanted to host a Live Session to share knowledge about the Local Guides Program to their audience.

And our Host who is also a Local Guide Name " @Ali_Ahmad_Jaan  ", told me that they wanted to host a session for two hours, and want to share complete information regarding 

Local Guides Program, Google Maps Contributions, Local Guides Connect, Google Maps Helping Small businesses, Google Street View, Accessibility, Google Crowdsource, Google Assistant,  

Google Lens and Related topics in his Radio Program "Chhoo Lo Aasmaan" means 

" Touch The Skies". And That's a great Initiative by Suno FM 89.4 that they want to spread such a great knowledge through thier Vast transmission to all over the country, and we believe that their efforts will be surely fruitful Soon.

Posters Created by the Social Media Team of Suno FM to Promote the sessionPosters Created by the Social Media Team of Suno FM to Promote the session

We reached the FM Radio station just before the time because the traffic condition was terrible due to the Pakistan Premier League Cricket matches in Karachi.

So it was the very first experience for all of us (Me, @Anonymous  & Muhammad @Bilal_shaikh  ) because we never had a live session in any Live show or especially me, I never visited any Radio or TV Or any Media studio before this session.

IMG_20210226_021137-01.jpegIMG_20210226_021137-01.jpeg

In the beginning, we were a bit nervous, but then we started sharing our knowledge like we are used to doing in front of people (as we usually do in our Knowledge Sharing Meet-ups) I became too overwhelming because I wanted to share everything at once but my fellows and teammates who were much Calm than me, explained everything steps by step (Thanks to Muhammad Bilal & Swalay Muhammad

We started with a detailed Introduction to the Local Guides Program,  and the first thing was Google Maps reviews, it was my task to share my knowledge with the Audience.

I shared them that your Google Maps reviews should always be detailed. Write it like a story that, what you feel at any certain place where you visited? And be sure to let people understand about both the pros and cons of this place And always make sure that the review you are writing also includes something about Accessibility facilities for Differently abled people, at least include two more lines regarding Accessibility facilities for the people with different abilities.

And I also shared that the pictures anyone upload on Google maps should never be duplicated, Do not upload selfies and friends or family group photos to Google Maps, And if you see facilities for people with different abilities on the spot, capture it on your camera and upload it for sure.

Swalay Muhammad, who is a wonderful 360 Photographer, shared some great tips regarding 360 Photography by mobile phones. Further, we also discuss how necessary a Street view is for any country.

Bilal Shaikh, an enthusiastic Local Guide from Karachi described two important topics

Local Guides Meet-ups and promoting tourism by Local Guides Connect forum.

Further, he shared some pictures of our previous Local Guides Meet-ups in different cities with RJ Ahmad Ali Jaan, who really appreciate the great efforts of the Local Guides Community around the world. Further he shared reference about @Muhammad_Usman 's posts that how he is brilliantly promoting Local Tourism by his Connect Posts.

IMG_20210226_021335.jpgIMG_20210226_021335.jpg

The most important topic for us was Promoting Small Businesses by Google Maps. We discussed this importance together and we got many live calls in which people were asking how they can digitize their business, how they can add their businesses on Google maps? And what are the benefits if they do so?

We answered the calls by guiding them that if they add their businesses on Google maps, and then claim this business by Google Maps & Google my Business, they can get a free website, where they can promote their products, and they can appear on Google search, as I did for my own business because I m also a small business owner, and often I receive calls from the people who search products by Google and land on my Shop's Google Maps profile.

It was a complete two hour session, So in last 30 minutes, we have another topic, which was about Google Crowdsource , Google Assistant and Google Lens, and we all tried our best to explain all these amazing features to Audience briefly even it was very short time for us. And for this session i changed my Tshirt from Local Guides to Crowdsource 🤓

Happy Moments After Knowledge Sharing Session.Happy Moments After Knowledge Sharing Session.

Overall it was a great experience,

We had some great feedback through Suno FM's official Page and (as RJ Ali Ahmad Jaan was checking the audience numbers by their server) because this program was On Air from 80 different stations of Pakistan, and it was funny when I asked him "Kiya 500 Log hamain sun rahey hongey?" (Will at least 500 people be listening to us?) He laughed and said "it could be in thousands but not in hundreds." But still, we don't know the real feedback, but we did this amazing job as a responsible citizen and Local Guides, to create more awareness in our country regarding wonderful benefits (not financial) to contribute to the Local Guides Program.

I would like to say thanks to all Local Guides who encourage us, and join this live session by web and send their feedbacks, reminders for missing topics and questions by Social Media Live.

Here are some more photos of this memorable session for us in this Google photo album.

Some Of the Video Clips which we Captured during the session.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Karachi, Pakistan
75 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: {Recap} Local Guides Sent #letsguide Message To Thousands over FM Radio”

I would like to say thanks to my friends @OmerAli @Tushar_Suradkar @NareshDarji

@TravellerG @ravindus @Dr_AlwyPaul 

@Nyainurjanah Tejal,  @RosyKohli, Lusiaa Siregar, @Safdarrai @Muhammad_Irfan 

Muhammad Ilyas

And especially Lynne Campo 

(because even it was in urdu) for listening us by Live streaming on the web and also for sending Messages on Social Media to encourage and also remind us some more important topics which we could missed.

Thank you So much.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Connect Moderator

Thank you very much for the recap, @KashifMisidia. I watched some minutes of the video, and even though I don't understand the language, it was notable your passion for this program. Keep it up! 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AlexandreCampbell, do you believe I m still excited, because it was very first time for me and I wanted to share everything in this short time 🤩

Thanks for your great words my bro.

Level 8

@KashifMisidia bhai are wah I salute your passion for this program. Really it's very proud moment for us that you called from radio station I will listen the video afterwards as I have to rush to school. Again many congratulations for this. 

Regards Tejal

Connect Moderator

Shukriya @Tejal, So kind of you, 

Yes please listen it when you will be free, you will enjoy it 🤩

Thank you for your great words.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations dear @KashifMisidia Bhai for a stellar performance.

I tuned in to the program for all 2 hours 😍

It was a treat to the ears listening to your voice only interrupted with melodious songs 🎼

Level 10

@KashifMisidia @Anonymous @Bilal_shaikh Happy and proud to see everyone here together. Great effort to encourage everyone to contribute to Maps and also for supporting small local businesses. Hope to join with all of you there in the near future. 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 9

Dear @KashifMisidia

Really you are doing passionately.

your work is Appreciable.

Carry on. 

Stay safe 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.