DebanjanJPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Please Guide me

Hello All ,

I am back LG after 2 years. Many options changes, new new futures. Any one guide me how to contribute ? Any line ? 

Please sahre .

Thanks and Regards 

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Re: Please Guide me

Hello @DebanjanJPG 
Now you have received many tips on your query.
Still, I shall answer your question through two perspectives 1 "Maps" and 2 "Connect".

1. Maps. 
In the new refreshed UI, you will find some more options to contribute. Such as:
# Publishing helpful lists. 
You may have created lists. But, if you publish those, you will get additional points. Here is a complete guide on how t do that.
# Now you need not wait for answering questions about a visited place as an when the app presents. There is an exclusive option to invoke the questions.
But there is a catch. If you choose to delete the app history periodically, then the answers will vanish and then you will see a reduction in your points. So please choose a setting to retain the app history forever.
# Now you can tag the photos of dishes at restaurants and get some more points.
# Also, you can rate and review the businesses which provide services at your home.
# You can follow renowned local guides. And if you can invigorate and supercharge your contributions by providing detailed and helpful reviews, quality photos etc., then expect some followers for your account too. And, that happens when one strives to become a master reviewer and master photographer.

Nevertheless, one should not lose focus on the maps user-contributed content policies during an endeavour to reach higher levels.
I have noted rigorous enforcement of these policies in the previous year.

2 Connect. 
Not much has changed in the ways to contribute. However, the following new features are there.
# Follow your favourite local guides, to know their latest contributions quickly.
# Follow any three favourite places.
# Recommend an "LG" to get featured.

And more interesting is, through quality contributions here, you also stand a chance to get featured.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @DebanjanJPG

Welcome back. It is not very different from earlier. The navigation changed a bit. Just use the bottom menu and use Explore and the Contribute icons and you will quickly figure it out.

If you need help please be super precise and we will try to help you.  But please search first in the App and then here on Connect. It is very likely that your questions have already been answered before. So search is your friend.

Cheers and welcome again. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @DebanjanJPG 

You can read "Your guide to Connect" , the introductory Guide of the community.

In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in the community

You can check the introduction on "About Us" and start the tutorial in there

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Which kind of contents we share in the community? What are Connect topics? will give you an explanation

For anything else, you can just ask here. A lot of people will be happy to help you

Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Hello @DebanjanJPG 
Now you have received many tips on your query.
Still, I shall answer your question through two perspectives 1 "Maps" and 2 "Connect".

1. Maps. 
In the new refreshed UI, you will find some more options to contribute. Such as:
# Publishing helpful lists. 
You may have created lists. But, if you publish those, you will get additional points. Here is a complete guide on how t do that.
# Now you need not wait for answering questions about a visited place as an when the app presents. There is an exclusive option to invoke the questions.
But there is a catch. If you choose to delete the app history periodically, then the answers will vanish and then you will see a reduction in your points. So please choose a setting to retain the app history forever.
# Now you can tag the photos of dishes at restaurants and get some more points.
# Also, you can rate and review the businesses which provide services at your home.
# You can follow renowned local guides. And if you can invigorate and supercharge your contributions by providing detailed and helpful reviews, quality photos etc., then expect some followers for your account too. And, that happens when one strives to become a master reviewer and master photographer.

Nevertheless, one should not lose focus on the maps user-contributed content policies during an endeavour to reach higher levels.
I have noted rigorous enforcement of these policies in the previous year.

2 Connect. 
Not much has changed in the ways to contribute. However, the following new features are there.
# Follow your favourite local guides, to know their latest contributions quickly.
# Follow any three favourite places.
# Recommend an "LG" to get featured.

And more interesting is, through quality contributions here, you also stand a chance to get featured.

Level 8

@DebanjanJPG  some features has been changed but now it comes in 2 way which @C_T describe you.

1. In maps some features has been changed but it comes across to be very helpful to others.

2. Local guide connect you just upload and read all you will understand whole thing.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DebanjanJPG and welcome back!

I am going to accept @C_T's comment as an answer to your question since he gave you a detailed and accurate answer.

You can also check out Get started with the updated Google Maps app and if you have any further inquiries you can post here or check out the Google Maps Help center for more information. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!