Malarik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Pics to show the beauty of your country.

Hi,

I read on the news that some people from those countries have submitted wonderful pics

to show how beautiful their country & cultures are.  Many people have also pointed out how

the reality vs. the perception.

It would be nice to hear & see from LG's on how proud they are of their country, people, culture,

heritage, and more....via pics & stories.

I am of 100% Slovak heritage & at one time in the 1900's my & other Eastern European

peoples were labeled as "retarded" and many lived in Ghetto's in the US.  My family lived

in a Ghetto on the upper East-side of Manhattan NYC.  At one time, it was a Mecca of

Eastern European foods, shop, and people. Now there are only a few people or stores

left.  There remains at least one Hungarian Bakery were my mom took me as a kid

for layer cake.  My Grandfather worked as a Janitor & my GM slaved as a cleaning

lady.  Sadly, my Grandmother died from Breast Cancer before I was born & I am sure that

poverty made proper medical care impossible to get.  My dad worked driving Subway

trains & my mom was a Secretary, as they pursued the American Dream & gave me

all kinds of opportunities.

We eventually visited Slovakia, which was part of Czechslovakia while I grew up.

and saw that this rather "obscure" small country had so many pluses despite the ravages 

of Communism.  The countryside was verdant & the people were friendly, but

cautious.  Few spoke English, but were fluent in Russian & Slovak.

Thanks,

Paul

Slovakia
4 comments
Level 10

Re: So-called "Sh**hole" county reviews & pics to show how wrong the President is.

Level 8

Re: So-called "Sh**hole" county reviews & pics to show how wrong the President is.

Hi @Malarik Nice to meet you again 🙂

It's truly understandable but my friend there is nothing new for me to say I guess you know about connects do and don'ts. Share posts that are relevant to Google Maps, Local Guides and exploring your world. 

You can share your storys or experience here but make sure it relates to LG or which mit help other LG for their contribution my friend 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Re: Pics to show the beauty of your country.

Hi @Malarik

I will be very happy to share picture with you, so I think that also @LucioV and @Jagadeesh_Reddy can come in this subject now.

I am at moment in an International HangOut MeetUp with @SoniaK, but I will reach you Asap

sonia.JPG

Syncerly

Ermes

Level 8

Re: Pics to show the beauty of your country.

Wow this idea is something extraordinary and good one 🙂 @ErmesT I'm really glad that you tagged me as well ha ha ha you look like you are from customer service like I use to wear a headphone ha ha ha just kidding 😁. Hope one day well have a meet up like this.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.