Pep95's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Perks in The Netherlands

Hello!

I have been a Local Guide for quite a while now and I am at level 6, but I have never had any perks whatsoever. I was wondering if this was something that was still not fixed, but when I googled the internet, I saw people with all kinds of free stuff they got from the program. I am not in it for the perks, but this kind of makes me feel like I am missing out. When I go to the FAQ, the only perk that is listed for me is "Get Recognized", which basically translates to "Having a badge makes you stand out".

Then I wondered, are these perks determined by the area where you live? Since I live in the Netherlands, is it possible that there are just no perks available for me?

I would love it if someone could solve this issue for me.

Thanks in advance!

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Perks in The Netherlands

Hallo @Pep95, wat je op internet vindt i.v.m. perks, slaat meestal op dingen uit het verleden. Toen moest Google moeite doen om Local Guides te ronselen. Inmiddels zijn er heel veel local guides, en dus is er niet echt nog iets dat je als perk kan omschrijven (Google zelf zegt dat er af en toe wel zijn in bepaalde landen, maar alles wat ik al gezien heb, was ten eerste niet in Europa en ten tweede niet echt de moeite (eerder kortingsbonnen of acties zoals "3 maanden gratis" dit of dat in de hoop je daarna een abonnement te kunnen verkopen).

Zelkf ben ik uit Belgie, al bijna 2 jaar actief als local guide en ook nog nooit iets gezien van perks. Het is maar dat je je verwachtingspatroon een beetje realistisch kan houden 🙂

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

@Pep95 Welcome to Connect. There could be periodic announcements of small gifts or perks as token of appreciation from Google, which is usually shared here in LG Connect. Or you can also set email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

Previous perks could be applied to all geographies or a certain list of countries depending on the perks. 

You can have a look at this post also which lists almost all the current/previous perks, you can check the details under each link and note the expiry/end date of each.  
And, there are always Local Guides achievement badges to be obtained and unlocked.
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Repository-of-lists-of-Perks-for-Local-Guid...

Since you are new here, do introduce yourself in the link below, and i am sharing a few good posts to read. Happy contributing.

Level 6

Bedankt voor de info! Ik weet in ieder geval nu wat ik kan verwachten. Ik zit volgens mij ook al 2 jaar in het programma, maar ik schoot niet echt op met mijn punten aan het begin. Nou ja, het is in het verleden 🙂

Level 6

Thanks for the tips!

Level 7

Hi @Pep95 Maybe soon? https://androidworld.nl/smart-home/local-guides-google-home-mini-test/ I certainly hope to be included as a tester and be able to thank Google by voice 🙂