Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Our culture, Our Heritage

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing the festivals with plums from Serbia.

I am not sure the "Šljiva" can only be found in Serbia. We also have some in France 😉 as you can see here: http://sante.lefigaro.fr/mieux-etre/nutrition-aliments/prune/quest-ce-que-cest

I have search for unique fruit from France but couldn't find some ;-(.

@Anonymous, @Flozy@Sagir@OSAMA

We have unique cheese in France such as Camembert from Normandy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camembert

Do you eat cheese in your coountry? What kind?

Level 10

That's interesting festival full of joy and happiness thanks for sharing @Flozy

Hi @Julien44 actually I am hearing first time about yam,and maybe its not available in Malaysia,but it's sounds yummy 😀😀

Yes jul I like blue cheese and burgers with extra cheese 😂😂😂 thanks for mention me

@Anonymous the SLJIVA (plum) is available and grow in many countries even in Malaysia,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe @Julien44 and @AkmalB u are right,  they are teaching us wrong on television 😁, that we have something special in Serbia!

Perhaps "Šljiva" isn't unique product in Serbia, exists in France and Malaysia as well, so we are quite same - not so different :-), but this is definitely unique - Donkey cheese!

I know France is well known for cheese and that they are really exclusive and tasty, especially the one u mentioned, but do you know about cheese made from donkey milk!

Watch here as well

This is location where this donkey cheese is produced - Zasavica, Serbia

Thanks for the inspiration Julien and @Flozy!!!

NEW POST IS HERE ABOUT THIS CHEESE

Level 10

@Anonymous

You are welcome for the inspiration ! 

Thanks for sharing the donkey cheese, I didn't know that one!

Level 9

WoW @Badruddeen, you see those leaves I am seeing, they are the leaves of what we call ede meaning cocoyam in English. 

My mum of blessed memories use those leaves to make soup.... 

Wow! Wow! Wow! 

Connect is a global village! 

A-Beta
Level 9
Solution

Hi @Julien44, good to see you again. 

Let me help you with the questions... 

Yam has no distinctive taste, it's a special kind of food. In Nigeria, it's believed that yam from North are the sweetest, what makes a yam sweet to us is how we enjoyed it, when yam looks white, easy to peel and doesn't taste bitter(some yam taste bitter actually  we say it's sweet. 

New yam comes out during yam festival, although we are eager to taste the new yam but we don't call them sweet yam because we prefer our yam a little dry and at new yam festival these yam are still very wet.

Also,  some tribes believe when you eat a lot of yam, you will have tendencies of giving birth to twins, it is also recorded that some researchers found out that those who eat a lot of yam has tendencies of growing fatter... 

You can also google yam online.... 

A-Beta
Level 10

Hi @AnitaAO,

I hope you are fine!

Thanks a lot for providing some more informations regarding Yam.

See you around 😉

Jul

Level 7

Hi@ Julien44, potatoes and yam are two different crop. Both looks like tubers. But on normality, yam is always bigger that potates. The carbohydrate in yam is more than that of potatoes. The taste differs also. I do eat yam like sometimes three times a week but it all depends on me,when ever I feel like taking it. 

Level 8

@AnitaAO wrote:

WoW @Badruddeen, you see those leaves I am seeing, they are the leaves of what we call ede meaning cocoyam in English. 

My mum of blessed memories use those leaves to make soup.... 

Wow! Wow! Wow! 

Connect is a global village! 

Hey Anita,

I didn't know they make soup with that leaf.

I googled and read a little bit about it since you mentioned it. These leaves bring me fond memories of my blessed Grandma too. 

Thanks.