LintonWhite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Need help with a Google listing Please

So in December I listed a place on Google maps for my mother in law's business. I have noted however that it hasn't been added under my ownership as a listing and I want to assist her with marketing etc. I submitted a claim on the listing but Google responded to say that my request has been sent to the owner. There is no owner though so who will approve the request and how can I get around this?

Mossel Bay Body Stress Release Dana Bay, Protea Road, Dana Bay, Mossel Bay, South Africa
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Need help with a Google listing Please

Hi @LintonWhite 

I am not sure about what you wrote, but I will try to analyse your message step by step. Can you confirm or explain?

• "in December I listed a place on Google maps" - Do you mean that you followed this procedure?: Add a missing place to the map
  • "I have noted however that it hasn't been added under my ownership as a listing" - Do you mean that the place do not appear under your profile under the tab "edits"? Reading the next part, it appears that the edit has been approved
  • I submitted a claim on the listing" - It seems you used the "claim the business" button, then you filled the form for the verification, isn't it? which kind of verification did you requested? By letter, by email or by visit of a verifier (available in some area)?
  • "Google responded to say that my request has been sent to the owner" - probably Google sent a verification code by letter to the address provided when claiming the business

For more details, as you claimed the business, My business help center is the appropriate place