LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My favourite playground - Connect 2.0 edition

Cinque Torri CortinaCinque Torri Cortina

This is the Cinque Torri area, a natural climbing gym really famous (Lacedelli and Compagnoni, the heroes of K2 trained here).

I love this place, and today was a perfect day, not so hot, not so cold for being at more than 2000 m.

Today for the first time I climbed one of the towers (The English Tower, on the right side of the complex) only with my daughter Virginia.

It's a simple two pitch route, around IV°.

I'm so proud of her.

Here you can see the second descent, we forgot the backpack at the start of the route, so no photos on the top.

Here is some aerial footage of the main tower

Cinque Torri, Cortina d'Ampezzo, BL, Italia
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My favourite playground - Connect 2.0 edition

Hey @LucioV

so happy to see how Virginia is climbing.

And your photos are always great. I am so sorry that this year I we haven't be able to reach you in there, but I hope to be able to meet you at least in November in Treviso.

Ermes

Level 10

Ah Ha, @LucioV   I see you have found a way around not having all the posts in the old Connect  carry over to the new Connect 2.  So the solution seems to be, just repost a copy of the one that is now hidden away. I was thinking of doing similar but was hoping that somehow it would be done automatically. I guess not, since they are possibly trying to let many thousands of old posts simply die off. At least that's what it kind of looks like although I've heard nothing official on what exactly they plan in that respect.

So I am doing a copy/paste of my original reply to your original post.  

"Fantastic feat @LucioV from my non-climbers perspective. Beautiful scenery and excellent photos. It's unfortunate that you forgot the backpack as the photos from the top would be awesome. Ah, if I were only younger perhaps I could give climbing a try. When I was younger we used to go on "rock scrambles". Fun, but not as challenging as your climb. My hat is off to you both, but especially your daughter who is very athletic and brave. You are rightfully proud of her.

Enjoy!  @Koby"

Level 10

Another interesting point @LucioV  When I first found this new post of yours it was in the "Local Stories" topic. However, by the time I finished authoring my reply, it had magically been moved to the Photography topic. No big deal, just an FYI.  Regards, Koby

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesT!

Thanks @Koby, yes, I was trying to see if this works, but it's strange, I didn't used the "local stories" tag.
I still don't know what's going on here...

Anyway, I will not duplicate all my old threads 🙂

Level 9

Hello @LucioV

Your photos are awesome, your photos deffinitely best photo in connect forum. Thank you wonderful post.

Connect Moderator

Awesome photos @LucioV

Thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10