River_Wilde's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

More Points and Levels

Pokemon GooglePokemon Google

I find that I'm addicted to the Local Guides program in the same way many of my friends are addicted to Pokemon Go. This means as I near level 5 I start dreading the "end of the game." Now of course the "game" doesn't end with Local Guides as you can continue adding points but I feeI might miss achieving new levels. 

Thus my request - Please add more levels! More "quests" and achievements! More! Feed my addiction so I can contribute even more!

Anyone else feeling this way?

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: More Points and Levels

@River_Wilde This topic has been brought up multiple times in the past. Below you can find one of the discussions that brought up the same idea. Perhaps you can join the thread since there have been many people replying already 🙂

More levels LG

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

@River_Wilde This topic has been brought up multiple times in the past. Below you can find one of the discussions that brought up the same idea. Perhaps you can join the thread since there have been many people replying already 🙂

More levels LG

Level 9

@River_Wilde Yes!  Yes!  and Yes!  I have felt the same about Google Local Guides!  To be honest, I got into Google Local Guides shortly after Pokemon Go started losing its traction.  I had a void to fill, and Google was that outlet!  I am now (as of date) sitting at 972 points.  Instead of catching them all, I'm photoing them all!  In fact if you look at My Contributions in the footer, you'll see photos is the highest amount contributions I have.  I personally made it my goal to out do one of my former colleagues in points.  So for now that is my motivation.  Keep up the good fight!

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Connect Moderator

hi @River_Wilde, Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.
Sorry for the late reply, I was just reading you nice posts than I realized that nobody gave you a welcome 😞
Exploring our Community, you will see many other way to achieve levels, just in being an active member of the community.

As this is your first post in Connect, (and also if it seems you are moving very well in the community) i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Level 8

You find other things to strive for. I moved onto the theoretical level six, after that I looked at improving my photo numbers and views. In the end though just remember you are helping thousands of people, that's what keep me going. 

Level 7

@ErmesT Aww thanks! Exploring the community has renewed some of my excitement. You seem like a great bunch!

Sorry for the double post! Still learning the interface here. 

@ErmesT wrote:

hi @River_Wilde, Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.
Sorry for the late reply, I was just reading you nice posts than I realized that nobody gave you a welcome 😞
Exploring our Community, you will see many other way to achieve levels, just in being an active member of the community.

Level 7

I'm definitely finding personal goals to set. It's a resource many people (myself included) use on a daily basis so anything I can do to improve that is awesome! 

@Teejai wrote:

You find other things to strive for. I moved onto the theoretical level six, after that I looked at improving my photo numbers and views. In the end though just remember you are helping thousands of people, that's what keep me going. 

Connect Moderator

we are here to help, @River_Wilde, and you are free to post and comment here in Connect.

Hope to see you soon with some beautiful post of your country

Level 6

Hi @River_Wilde

You should not think of it as a game or competition, do not just think about collecting points or badges.

But you'll be helping other people find an interesting place or know where the restaurant is, for example.

I started on the Local Guide program because I went to look for a store and it did not exist anymore, but the marking was still on the Google Maps.
That's when I realized there were many wrong markings on the map.

From my current points I would say that 80% are edited and added places.

I just want to improve the information here in my neighborhood.

So relax, after all it's a volunteer program.

🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @MatBarcia

I definitely agree with you.
I believe Local Guides help people. Levels are coming at this time))

Happy mapping and good luck!