Michele_Paoletti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Matera - European Capital of Culture 2019

Matera City (Italy)Matera City (Italy)

Matera is one of the oldest cities in the world whose territory holds evidence of human settlements starting from the Paleolithic and without interruption until today. It represents an extraordinary page written by man through the millennia of this long history. Wrapped in real and cinematic history, she has a lot to tell and leaves open to all the emotions she manages to give.

MateraMatera

Matera known by the name "stone city" because the original urban nucleus, developed from the natural caves carved into the rock and subsequently modeled in increasingly complex structures within two large natural amphitheatres that are the "Sasso Caveoso" (real historical center with churches cliffs and cave dwellings carved into the tufa rock) and the "Sasso Barisano" (the most modern area).

Candidate in 2008, Matera was designated on 17 October 2014 European Capital of Culture for 2019. To visit it comfortably requires at least 2 days.

Matera CityMatera City

Michele Paoletti
Matera, MT, Italia
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: European Capital of Culture 2019

Thank you for this post about Matera, @Michele_Paoletti

The European Capital of Culture 2019 need to be highlighted. We want to know more about the city, that I have visited only once, more than 30 years ago.

I have seen a watermark on your first photo, so I have to ask you: are you the owner of the photo? If not, do you have the permission for publishing this photo? If the answer is no, please remove it.

Please read: How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect?

Thank you

Level 8

Yes i'm the owner of the photo and watermark. The city is amazing 😀

Michele Paoletti
Level 8

Hey @Michele_Paoletti

Second photo does not have an address.
This may have been the reason for doubt.
Its a beautiful city.

I like this photo.
Thank you for publishing.

45522511074_5f3d8dfef2_o.jpg

ehsang
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Michele_Paoletti,

Your photos are amazing, thanks for sharing.

What kind of camera did you use? Have you used any filter?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you so much!! I use Nikon D3100 and raw photo post production with Adobe Photoshop. 

Michele Paoletti
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Michele_Paoletti,

This is great to share the European capitals of culture 2019. I would like to remind as well, that Plovdiv, Bulgaria is also going to be a capital of culture next year and there would be a lot of activities, which you can check in the website and also check out some photos of Plovdiv Old town here on Connect. The city of Plovdiv is very interesting place for a visit, which I can definitely recommend you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

The scene with an extremely unified feeling is the wealth of Europe @Michele_Paoletti

I feel the weight of history as cultural background utilizing nature. In my opinion, the sense of unity symbolizes a mature culture.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper