VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Maps consuming my device battery

Android is notifying me that maps is consuming my battery. 

I had fired up Maps to search for directions to an event and closed Maps when finished.

Then I received notification that Maps was using my battery.  I tapped the app as suggested only to discover 

Screenshot_20180914-060322_Settings.jpg

The Maps app was reporting 0% battery usage.  Memory however seems to be skewed 72 MB/3 GB ...

Maps was already closed.

Simultaneously Chrome keeps crashing increasingly often.

Additionally, I began to get this again.

This is a brand new device and I did not transfer any data nor connected the old device to the new one.

I have been advised to perform a factory reset.  I do not believe that this is the solution... especially since I am so close to identifying the culprit.

Screenshot_20180913-171636_Chrome.jpg

I believe that all these are related

Screenshot_20180914-061239_Chrome.jpg

What is missing here above?  

Is anyone else experiencing the same or similar issues?  

If so report it, please.  It is the only way the Googlers and Programmers will be able to mitigate these bugs and vulnerabilities.

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Maps consuming my device battery

Hi @VBenedict

Please do not mix subject, otherwise it will be very difficult to reply. I am not able to get the subject of the last two screenshot, can you explain please? 

Talking about the battery, it seems to me that the new version of Android (I have updated my phone a few days ago) is giving a lot of information about battery consumption. In fact I am receiving the same message from every App that is running on the background (e.g. Google Photos, Messenger, and more). It doesn't mean that your Apps now are consuming more battery, but simply that now Android is informing you about this.

So you don't need to force the App to close, but simply close it as usual. We receive a lot of notifications from our Apps. Once you read it, or simply swipe it away, the notification disappear (at least in my case)

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT  thank you for responding...

Allow me to clarify that all of these behaviours pinpointed here are related issues.

I do not have apps running in the background nor did I express that I "Force Stopped" Maps. 

I am rather well aware of how Android should behave and what it's new features are with each upgrade.

Android only reports unusual and persistent battery consumption and not normal consumption. Therefore, if you are incessantly receiving all of those alerts; I recommend you look into it.

Review my report post again and perhaps it will make more sense.

Connect Moderator

Level 8

The idea is to demonstrate that my profile badge w/LG level is missing.

I went looking for drafts in my profile and when I fired the specific draft, it loaded all corrupt and without my default badge.

Level 8

Here are more related issues

While saving a comment on a postWhile saving a comment on a post

@Atsukot   HeeellllPPP!  

Level 8

Here is another instance of the same.

This one while attempting to find some of my editorial posts which seem to have fallen into oblivion. 

Screenshot_20180917-103115_Chrome.jpg