HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Were Are You?

@Tito Lol, why @Tito why, please dont stop, I saw your photospheres all the way from Nigeria. You are great man, please continue to contributes on map just u also want to be a badge collector now. if you need more clarity i dont mind spending time to explain everything to you.

Level 10

I will continue to do my best @HelloSamsonR. 🙂

Level 8

@IlankovanT

Hope you are having a good time, wishing you a great continuation of your holidays/ vacation.
Looking forward to you photos 😉

Jeroen

Connect Moderator

Dear @HelloSamsonR, maybe I have a countercurrent way of thinking, but I'm really enjoying this quite period after the storm.

In the last two week Connect was very similar to Facebook, with a lot of posts (included mine) and a lot of Kudos, most of the posts about summit2017,and ended with a lot of fun, mostly useful for getting new friends, new kudos, but without giving a real added value to the community.

Now most of the 150 are posting on the summit exclusive Board (well, I hope I will have time to post in there too, as I didn't right now), some of the not included in the list stops to post in Connect (yes @DiAnaUS, I've read your post).

Like you, Samson, I like beautiful post, but a nice post cannot be made everyday. I want to invite everyone to not be forced to post. I remember everyday to myself the nice words of @TraciC, asking me to be myself.

This is the only way to be, I believe in this, and I never force myself to post something just to get some more kudos, nor I mention everyone to have them to come and see my post.

I like to explore the board, to read the posts without being forced to do it, and I think that also most of you like to do the same.

So, in this quite day, I started to explore Connect from the first beginning, finding beautiful post, mostly unread as the community was very small in July 2016

Minutes ago I've discovered one of the first post of @MahabubMunna, and I want to thanks him for the beauty of his photo.

Please, explore the beauty of our Community, there are unseen pearls in here.

Acting like a moderator, let me please give a suggestion to everyone: "Quote" button is a very dangerous tool, that I would like to remove, as the compulsive use of it make every topic mostly unreadable.

Sometime I'm boring, I know, but this is me 🙂

P. S.: Congratulations to @AnuradhaP, for the double 5000 in just a few minutes

Level 8

@SamsonR wrote:

Local Guides were are you? 

After the result and announcement of Summit17, I have not seen eye catching and interesting posts, and I noticed members arent coming online as before, and the stats has really dropped. Please @OSAMA deliver more eye catching and interesting posts to get more members talking again just as you did and earned 2,500 kudos :D. @LucioV please we need more interesting post and quality content just have you have always been doing + providing quality solutions to topics posted by members like @Tito :D. @AnuradhaP we need you to provide counselling and community guidance to incoming new members just as u always did. @IlankovanT just as @AnuradhaP we need you everywere also. @ProfArunCM we need you to continually support posts just as you always did. @SanyaOdare we need you to also contribute to posts just has u have always done. @BishowvijayaP we need you to continually welcome people in the thread of Introduction just as u have always done :D.  and also people like @SalmaanN . and many more great local guides like @ErmesT who provide elderly guidance and great commendations and  to make connect a warm and friendly place, please we need you more than ever now. And there are many more  great local guides but I cant tag more than 10, please come we need you more than ever :D. #Iamaddictedtolgc

@HelloSamsonR Thank God, I am alive. 😂

Generally when it rains I am mostly on connect, if not I am out contributing to Google Maps. 😀

Level 10

@Badruddeen You are really super active, I have  been tailing you end by end. Keep up the  good work. After Summit17 activities  dropped her on connect, but with Local  guides  like you, we are sure to get nice threads anytime  we log in. 

Level 8

@SamsonR wrote:

@Badruddeen You are really super active, I have  been tailing you end by end. Keep up the  good work. After Summit17 activities  dropped her on connect, but with Local  guides  like you, we are sure to get nice threads anytime  we log in. 

Thank you @HelloSamsonR

Teamwork is all that matters. We are a big family and we make it a success together.

Cheers

Level 10

@Badruddeen You are welcome anytime 

Level 9

Thanks @JeroenM. This holiday I decided to not to take my laptop out from my bag. But check this post (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Travel-and-Advice/FREE-ofo-bikes-Singapore/td-p/288986#.WSsAeo...). All the videos / editing (Blurred) / link everything done using my mobile. Now I have more confident using connect on mobile. But I prefer to have a app for connect. 

Yeh photos and videos coming soon 🙂

Level 10

@ErmesT Thanks for your  wonderful  insights on this thread. The objective  of my post was for people  like you to continually  support  and search for  local guides who gave up because  they were  not selected for the Summit17. The objective  of my post was also to help support  fellow local guides like @Tito Who gave up contributing to the Google  Maps and decided to be a badge collector just only on connect. My post is not saying top contributors arent posting. What am saying is please help contribute  more so that the slowed down activities could pick up back. But the honest  truth  is after Summit result  were announced activities  slowed down, no one can deny that. When it also comes to mention just as you said earlier on, I don't  mention  people  in my post if I am not making reference  to them,  @ErmesT The truth  is a fellow  local  guide said your name should also be in the list so I fixed it,  I didn't  put it on the onset :D,  scroll  down the thread  you would see it.