NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Let’s go to wonderful peak Pip Ivan of Carpathian Mountains

IMG_20190808_150429.jpg

Hello dear LocalGuides!!! This post is part of great #TeamChallenge. Each country in the world is amazing, I’m sure. And one day I’ll visit all of them (or almost all ? ). And now I want to invite everyone to come in my beautiful country - Ukraine - with #TeamUkraine.

IMG_20190812_194947.jpg

Carpathian mountains are very huge. They occupied two Ukrainians regions - Prykarpattya and Zakarpattya - and also they are in seven countries.

IMG_20190808_144647.jpg

In Ukraine we have 6 mounts more than 2 km. One of them - Pip Ivan , 2028 metres. I never have been there. And this year I decided to do it - to hike on the top. 

IMG_20190808_144824.jpg

Mountain Pip Ivan is second famous Ukrainian peak after Hoverla. Hoverla is the highest mountain in Ukraine, but the way to the top of Pip Ivan is more difficult. 

IMG_20190808_144752.jpg

My first big stop is polonyna Smotrych (“polonyna” is a type of mountain meadows in the Carpathians). Local citizens (we call them "gutculy") make a real Carpathian cheese - “vurda” (soft cheese with a sweet taste) and “budz” (harder smoked cheese). Men (women don't do it) go to the mountains in Spring and live there during all Summer until Autumn.

This house is high in the mountainsThis house is high in the mountains

Cheese from Carpathian MountainsCheese from Carpathian Mountains

Typical woman clothesTypical woman clothes

Gutculy have cows and goats. Everyday gutculy making a cheese. Their women climb up, take cheese and sell it on the market. Many tourists buy delicious cheese in polonyna and hike. 

IMG_20190808_151028.jpg

I can't describe my feelings but in Carpathian mountains I feel really happy. I see an amazing  view and can't believe that it has been created by nature. 

IMG_20190807_133759.jpg

I hiked on the top almost 7 hours. The most important thing on the  top is the weather. It changes very quickly. I hoped that the weather will be good. And it was sunny - woohoo. 

When you are real happy :-)When you are real happy ?

On the top of Pip Ivan you can see real observatory. It was built in 1938 by Polish government. Observatory is handmade. Local citizens worked hard there. They've transported stones by horses. It was very difficult work. But they did it to earn money.

Do you see observatory? 2028 metresDo you see observatory? 2028 metres

This observatory was one of the most important in Europe. Big telescope was from Scotland. Its diameter was 33 metres. Scientific research was stopped after 1944.

Old observatoryOld observatory

Now observatory is not working as well. There is rescue post now.

IMG_20190808_145007.jpg

Ukrainians are very different. It's really different people in different regions. There - in Prykarpattya people are very kind, very responsive and friendly. I found a real good friends there. 

IMG_20190808_144914.jpg

I hope that everyone can visit this amazing place one day. 

@JaneBurunina @uavalentine  @ermest

Pip Ivan, Ивано-Франковская область, Украина
27 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Let’s go to wonderful peak Pip Ivan of Carpathian Mountains

Hi @NatalkaR,

thank you for sharing this place, it looks very beautiful and your pictures are very nice.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @NatalkaR 

I loved your post and photos because it brought back memories of my time treking of the Carpathian Mountains, not so long ago.  Relatively speaking they are not so high, about 2500 m, but still the views are spectacular.  Thank you for sharing.

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Thank you for this great post @NatalkaR - full of beautiful photos and lots of information. The purple flowers in the old observatory photo really caught my eye. What type of flowers are these? The mountains reminded me of the old movie "The Sound of Music'. Have you seen it? The mountains in the background look very much like the ones in your photo. Thanks so much for sharing and well done on your #TeamUkraine post!

Connect Moderator

Ciao @NatalkaR 

great post, and great photos, as usual 😉

I love the mountains, and Pip Ivan seems to be beautiful and green. I can really imagine the cow in there. The way to produce the cheese, staying on the mountain for a so long time is what we do on Dolomite too, so reading your post I had the feeling to be at home.

I like the observatory on the top of the mountain, it is so bad that is no longer in function

Well done Natalka and #TeamUkraine

Connect Moderator

Lovee your post especially beautiful landscape, nature make me feel calm, thank you @NatalkaR 

Level 8

@NatalkaR This is a perfect place for me. Nice content and beautiful photos. Love it. You hiked for 7 hours! Gosh. Is there any public transportation to the trail head? Thank you for sharing this amazing post with us.

Connect Moderator

Hermosas fotos @NatalkaR , en especial la del castillo vista desde abajo, sopa muy hermosos paisajes los que están visitando en tus vacaciones.

Saludos Farid

👇🙂🇬🇧

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 8

Hello @NatalkaR,

I loved reading your post and learn about such beautiful Mountains.

Your photos are definitely amazing.

Thank you for sharing 👍👏☺️

Giuseppe 

Level 10

hi @NatalkaR  iti multumesc foarte pentru post  ,apoi adaug cateva fotografii facute in muntii Carpati de pe teritoriul Romaniei Eastern Carpathians
Red Lake, Eastern CarpathiansMount Vulcan, Western Romanian CarpathiansRoșia Poieni copper mine, Apuseni MountainsRomania are pe teritoriul ei jumatate din lantul muntos Carpati ,multe zone fiind parcuri nationale ce adapostesc  6000 exemplare de urs si  trei mii de lup , in prezent habitatul le este amenintat datorita fragmentarii teritoriului de catre oameni,dintre pesti as mentiona pastravul indigen si celebra lostrita ce inca populeaza unele ape de munte apropiate de Ucraina datorita grijii si a efortului depus de unii padurari.