LilyanaZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: number of total views not updated

Hi @HeinzHaas

You are not the only one who noticed this. Please see this thread. I believe your post should be moved there also.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 8

Re: How to count views and display. Update Photo views count late.

Since a couple of days, almost weeks, I have the same problem.

The grand total of photo views have not been updated for an unusually long time

Connect Moderator

Re: number of total views not updated

@HeinzHaas 

Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned by @MortenCopenhagen , and to keep Connect organized I will merge your post to a thread where this is discussed.

Please be informed that sometimes it may take longer the data to get synchronized. 

Level 10

@ErmesT- I appreciate your input here, as always, but is "it's broken again, you might need to wait" really a "solution" to this recurring issue? @KlaudiyaG clearly thinks it is but I'm not convinced that's the correct status for an issue that's ongoing, frequent and shows no signs of being resolved, do you? 

I waited nearly an entire week for my counts to go up last week, it's been 5 days so far this week - not normally a concern but I have a photo view milestone coming up that I've been wanting to hit for a long time so it would be nice to enjoy the excitement of seeing my count slowly reach it and then get there rather than for it to remain static and then (hopefully) be suddenly surpassed.

"Wait longer" is certainly an answer to the problem but it's some way from an actual solution to it, apply the same logic to a burst pipe, is waiting for the water in the reservoir to run out so the pipe stops leaking a solution?

These things aren't the end of the world by any means but they're increasingly frequent annoyances and indicate something in the underlying mechanism is broken yet again, the path to an actual solution would be to have this escalated to the respective team and for it to be fixed. If your belief that databases aren't synchronising on the schedule they once did is correct then surely the sync job is broken or if it's been changed to run weekly from now on the wider LG community would probably welcome an update about this. Once a fix is implemented or communication to explain a change has been shared only then should an update around this be marked as the solution.

That said if "wait longer" is now an accepted fix in the IT world I'll write-off my years of training and use that from now on instead of troubleshooting and fixing things 😂

Connect Moderator

No it is not, if you wants my opinion, @turbotapeworm 

Troubleshooting in industrial process has been my job for an huge number of years, so I perfectly understand that "maybe tomorrow will not rain" is not an answer, even if sor sure "maybe tomorrow will not rain". And I know that "views count" and "likes count" are recurring issues

On the other side I know that Google Maps is in a continue evolution, and "the wheels are frequently replaced while running", without stopping the system.

On my job I am fortunate, because I normally can shut down, make the change, test it, restart.

When I have to do a change without stopping the process, I have a list of priority to respect:

• Safety
  • Machine integrity
  • product integrity
  • Process data collection
  • Statistical data collection
  • Display of data

I believe that for Google it is exactly the same, and the priority in my mind should be for the people who is using the navigation or the commute system.

Am I justifying the issue? No, I am just trying to be rational

Level 7

Views on photos

my individual photos are showing increased views but my total views aren't increasing.

Is this only me or anyone else as well?

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

Hi @KlaudiyaG

I think the current issue is now worth reporting to the relevant team for them to take a look at it. It's about a week ago since we last saw an update on the total number of views.

Thanks 

Morten

Level 10

I couldn't agree more @MortenCopenhagen - I know it's a minor thing compared to the overall functionality of the platform as a whole but small issues like this can be indicative of bigger issues to come, bugs in the system or just instances where a change has been implemented somewhere and an error has been made.

Level 7

Re: How to nominate a Local Guide

As I'm uploading photos on Google maps but there is a huge difference showing in my profile of numbers of views between the most viewed and newest and also I'm getting views is not correct in my profile I'm getting a lot more views but in my profile it's showing a lot less. Please resolve the issue ASAP as I believe on Google a lot.
Thanks