LilyanaZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Known Issue: [RESOLVED] Photo view count not updating

Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.Caption: An illustration of an Android holding a hat, sitting at a laptop with tools.

Update: 06/20/2021

The issue is now resolved. Please note that photo views are updated on a regular basis, however, it may not always be daily. If you ever notice it taking more than a few days for photo view counts to change, let us know so we can investigate.

Update: 06/15/2021

The responsible teams are working on fixing the issue, we would like to ask for your patience and understanding.

Update: 01/14/2021

The teams let us know that the issue should be fixed now.

Update: 11/04/2020

We reached out to the responsible team and they let us know that the issue reoccured. They are currently working on resolving this. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Update: 10/06/2020

The issue is now resolved. Please note that photo views are updated on a regular basis, however, it may not always be daily. If you ever notice it taking more than a few days for photo view counts to change, let us know so we can investigate.

Update: 09/28/2020

After the fix, the issue seems to persist for some Local Guides. We ask for your patience as we notified the relevant teams.

Update: 09/25/2020

Hello everyone,

This issue is now resolved. The photo view counters should be now updated.

09/18/2020

We would like to let you know that we are aware of the present issue where the total number of photo views is not updating. 

Please rest assured that the responsible teams are already on it. Stay tuned for updates in this topic. 

All current topics will been merged to this one.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
650 comments

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Known Issue: Photo view count not updating

Hello everyone!

We continue to be in touch with the relevant teams and we hear your concerns about this issue not being fully resolved. We forward all the complaints you have and the teams confirmed that the issue reoccured. They are on it, so please allow some time for this to be fixed.

We would also like to remind you to consider our 5 core values when writing and commenting on Connect. Thank you for your understanding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Photo view count frozen again

1. The freezing of view count has occured once again. No update on total new count and when it does it is very small much smaller than my total views from 3 days ago. Did the bug enter its way in again. This was supposed to be resolved last year. Any quick suggestions any of you have learned since last year?
Level 9

How to count views and display. Update Photo views count late.

 Hi everyone,

Can someone help me know how to count views and display. I have been following for almost a week and see that the total number of views has remained unchanged, although in detail each photo has increased views.

Thank you.

My Local Guides

Screenshot_20200910-121917_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-121917_Maps.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: How to count views and display. Update Photo views count late.

[EDIT]

@KlaudiyaG 

As the issue is continuing, I am removing the solution from this reply. One week is a bit more than just a synchronization delay

Hi @vonhattan92 

While the individual views of a single photo is increasing on real time, the total number of views is usually updated daily, even if sometimes it frozen for a longer time. There is a simple solution for this, as the number of view is not impacting with any functionality of Google Maps: Wait for the database to synchronize

As you already know there is a specific section of Connect for this kind of questions: How-tos

As this post is not about meet-ups, can you kindly change the label of the post?

Hi @vonhattan92,

As @ErmesT reply is the correct answer to your question I marked it as a solution. I'll also take this opportunity to inform you that your post was relabeled, which means that it now appears in the How-tos board. If you have any questions or issues related to the Local Guides program, please make sure to post them there. Thank you for your understanding.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

Re: Photo view count frozen again

Am also experiencing same issue though I thought it was normal

Level 9

@ErmesT thanks for your answer.

Sorry for wrong label of meet up.

Connect Moderator

Hi @vonhattan92 

I have also noticed that the grand total of photo views have not been updated for an unusually long time. Getting close to a week now. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do except wait and hope. So far it has always resumed at some point. It was getting very close to being updated daily until the current long delay showed up.

Cheers

Morten

Re: Photo view count frozen again

Hello @SWAmerica,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please be informed that sometimes it may take longer the data to get synchronized. 

To keep Connect organized I will merge your post to a thread where this is discussed.

Thanks

Level 8

number of total views not updated

The number of total overall views for the photos has not been updated for a few days. 
The views of each single photo are still updated
The difference is about 20 per cent
What to do?