Dr_AlwyPaul's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Journey to the Treacherous Taal Volcano; The volcano at the center of a Lake, Part2

Cover PhotoCover Photo

Here’s the link to Part 1 

Me and my friends on the top of Taal VolcanoMe and my friends on the top of Taal Volcano

Hi friends, 

Thank you for eagerly waiting for Part 2. Let’s continue the journey together.

1.Way to the top of the mountain,      2. Me & my friend in resting hut1.Way to the top of the mountain, 2. Me & my friend in resting hut

The walk from the foot of the mountain to the top was both adventurous and terrifying. The paths were narrow. One side of the road was trees and the other side was a slope.  We felt like walking on an edge. Luckily, there were small huts along the path, where we could sit down and rest for some time. It was already noon and it was so hot and sunny. We were exhausted, tired and most of all dehydrated.

View of the Taal Lake from the resting hutsView of the Taal Lake from the resting huts

We took much more leisure time in the huts along the walk, compared to the others. We found ourselves some time to get hydrated and also we could enjoy the view of Taal Lake at the same time. There were small boats along the coasts, like the one we came on.

1. Photo of Taal Volcano     2.Me on the top of Volcano1. Photo of Taal Volcano 2.Me on the top of Volcano

The journey to the volcano was not easy as we thought,  but the view was worth it. The lake had green and clear water, but was full of chemicals from previous eruptions, as the guide said. The crater is so big and most of the eruptions happen from here and so is called Volcano Island.

1. Me and my friends on the edge of the mountain     2. Arrow showing smoke coming from the base    3. Base of the Volcano1. Me and my friends on the edge of the mountain 2. Arrow showing smoke coming from the base 3. Base of the Volcano

We could see the smoke coming from the base of the volcano. Because it was a high-risk time, we couldn’t go to the base. There were yellow depositions and encrustations in the crater. Almost 1 hour we spent there capturing memories. 

This volcano erupted 2 months after our visit and even our place which is more than 75km far, was covered with ash, at that time.

Here is a short video of the journey 

Looking forward to your valuable comments. All your suggestions matter a lot to me. Thank you everyone for the inspirations and encouragement. 

Stay safe

Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
65 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Journey to the Treacherous Taal Volcano; The volcano at the center of a Lake, Part2

Another amazing post @Dr_AlwyPaul I was waiting for the second part of your post, because the main climax was remain in it. "The Treacherous Taal Volcano"

And mostly, I enjoy the video, because during this video I was traveling with you guys in my imagination.

Again congratulations for another wonderful post .

Keep it up and  keep inspiring us by your awesome writing and photography skills.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Re: Journey to the Treacherous Taal Volcano; The volcano at the center of a Lake, Part2

It is incredible exciting journey to the volcano!

Your photos so beautiful! 

I like the video,thank you for sharing @Dr_AlwyPaul .

You are lucky to visit such breathtaking place, lake with green water. 

But at the same time the journey was dangerous, because the 🌋 volcano is active and the eruption was after your visiting. 

You are in safety-it is the main things.! 

What also the most amazing place did you visited?

Best wishes, 

Inna

Level 9

Thank you so much @KashifMisidia I'm always looking forward to learn from other local guides. Thank you for patiently waiting for the climax. I'm glad its satisfactory for you. I hope everyone find it interesting. 

Take care 

Level 9

Yes indeed the journey was dangerous but it's one of the golden moments I'll cherish in my life. 

The most amazing place I've visited is Kochi, near to my home town in Kerala. It's a luscious city of art, culture, history, nature, beaches and food. Hopefully I'll be doing a post(or a series) when I'll be back in my home town by the end of this year.

Thank you for the wonderful question @helga19 

And which is the most amazing place you've visited? I'd love to hear from you

Level 8

The post is worthy for the waiting @Dr_AlwyPaul 

The pictures are looking beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful journey with us.

Thank you.

Level 9

Level 8

Hello @Dr_AlwyPaul ,

Thank you for posting PART-2 of your journey.

One thing, in your these two post( PART-1 & PART-2) the pictures are most beautiful. After reading your post, I think that you all enjoyed the beauty of nature.

Waiting for more from you. 

Stay safe and happy

Happy Guiding !

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Level 8

Thank you for sharing @Dr_AlwyPaul

Photos, Content (Journey Experience) and Video are wonderful.

I am waiting for your upcoming posts.

Connect Moderator

OMG, @Dr_AlwyPaul 

"This volcano erupted 2 months after our visit". Most of the volcanoes in my country have been inactive for many hundreds of years. Your photos remind me of Salina, an island that I visited many years ago, and the beautiful beach of Pollara, which is located on the bottom of the crater of an ancient volcano, partially collapsed into the sea. At low tide you can still see (in the middle of the sea) the rocks that ideally complete the circle of the crater.

As you can see, the island is made up of two volcanoes, which arose in the middle of the sea about a dozen kilometers from Sicily. If you zoom out you will see how the whole archipelago is actually made up of volcanoes, one of which is still active.

Your photos are beautiful, and it seems that you had a great experience in there, even if narrow paths can be scaring, if you are no used to walk with a slope close to your feet.

Thanks for the video, that transmit the size of the lake. Impressive

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing post