NadyaPN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Los invito a escribir en mi blog de viajes

Hola @Nadie_mas y bienvenido en Connect, 

Como eres nuevo en la comunidad, será útil para ti leer los siguientes consejos: Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Si tienes preguntas y quieres conocer mejor el programa Local Guides puedes visitar nuestro Help Desk o simplemente buscar en la comunidad lo que han compartido los demás.

También te recomiendo leer el siguiente artículo de consejos que te ayudarán en tus futuras publicaciones: What makes a good post?

Tal vez querrás contarnos un poco más sobre ti. Puedes presentarte en nuestro tema mensual Introduce Yourself donde voy a trasladar tu publicación.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Re: Introduce yourself - September 2018

harkülade güzel bir manzara

Google Moderator

Re: Perkenalan

Halo @pkusman,

Salam Kenal dan Selamat Datang di Connect.

Saya akan menggabungkan post kamu kedalam thread Introduce Yourself — September 2018 dimana kamu dapat berkenalan dengan Local Guides dari seluruh dunia. 

Mengingat kamu masih baru di Connect, silahkan baca panduan ini Mohon Baca Sebelum Membuat Posting

Semoga informasi ini dapat membantu. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Re: Introduce Yourself — September 2018

hi

Level 4

Well, @NadyaPN, thanks for this topic and now allow me to introduce myself. 😎

1. Name: Alexandra, feminine form of Alexander. I prefer to be called either Alexa, or my FCC amateur radio call sign. KI5JYD
  2. Location: Arlington, Texas USA
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Simple. I believe that being a Local Guide is a natural extension of my innate desire to help people in any way I can.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I have been a drifter since February 2015. I have rode a lot of miles on Greyhound. Sometimes I would find something hilarious in my travels. For example, pike one time I was at a Greyhound station in Pittsburgh and one of the arcade cabinets had a Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) instead of the "attract mode" (an automated game play, usually alternating between scenes of the developer, a title screen and high scores, while begging you to feed it money) I took a picture of the arcade machine showing the entire cabinet with the BSOD, Google Maps asked me to share it on  Google Maps and right there I became a LG and I was hooked.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Basically BASIC was the first language I spoke! TRS-80 Color Computer Extended Color BASIC was the dialect of BASIC I call my programming mother tongue. I got my first computer before I started kindergarten. (This was in 1981, when kids my age were more into playing in the street instead of playing computer games. I was 4 back then. I'm 41 now.) Even though the CoCo from that time had already blown its Motorola 6809 CPU... due to it being one of the first serial numbers and if you removed a cartridge the wrong way, it sent a huge short and it would damage the computer. An expensive trip to Radio Shack to be fixed for sure! Therefore, since Radio Shack stopped selling and servicing any of its TRS-80 lines right before that incident happened and so had to be hauled off to the dump, because the guy behind the counter at the corner Radio Shack took one look at the computer and said, "we aren't a pawn shop. We don't take old TRS-80 computers for trade in." We weren't there to sell the CoCo, we wanted it repaired! But it was in 1992 or so..

I remember starting second grade in 1984, seen an Apple IIe Platinum in my classroom, took my "Getting Started With Color BASIC" and "Going Ahead With Extended Color BASIC" manuals, and tried to write the programs in Applesoft BASIC but I got this error...

"?SYNTAX ERROR IN 10

]"

Compared to what my CoCo would for the same error:

"?SN ERROR IN 10

OK"

because I was talking to an Apple in TRS-80 BASIC, yet it didn't know that I meant "HOME" when I told it to "CLS"! 

If you are asking why two BASIC mauals, well, in the TRS-80 philosophy from the beginning from Tandy HQ in Fort Worth, was this selling point: "Radio Shack will never sell you too little computer or too much computer. Buy the TRS-80 you need now, and if you need to upgrade to an extended BASIC, a disk drive, whatever, we won't penalize you for choosing so.", and that's why my BASIC manuals were in two volumes. There were actually two BASIC ROMS on the motherboard! One 8K ROM for Color BASIC, and an open IC socket for adding an additional 8K ROM for Extended Color BASIC, but it could not be a ROM swap, in order to run Extended Color BASIC, you had to have 16K of RAM also. (Disk Extended Color BASIC came on a cartridge that also interfaced the drives)

I have been interested in amateur radio since I was was knee high to a grasshopper. I just got my Technician ticket just right when the VEC's (volunteer examination coordinators--no need to travel to the FCC office to get licensed anymore) were in the process of updating the Element 2 exam in their normal cycle of amateur radio exam updates. 

Thanks for this place on the Internet for us Google Maps Local Guides. Really a great place to be separated from the riffraff of the users and actual moderators who actually give a thoughtful and personalized reply. Unlike at GPF, where "Google experts"  give an obvious scripted answer that doesn't solve the issue, or, answers the question, but in a condescending tone (ahem, bkc56 and DeeLite310), and marks their own reply as a best answer. Thanks for separating from that madness. 

Now I have a reason to use my status as a Local Guide, because if I have anything to say about this, positive, negative, whatever, I actually have a place to do so and get real feedback from the people who actually are employees of Google, not some Duke Nukem arrogant "Oh, so the Gmail account recovery instructions don't work? Oh well, just sign up for another Gmail account!" [Marks reply as best answer] Or, the Powerpuff Girl "aunt to six"' who needs to be taking care of her siblings' offspring instead of arguing with people online who have legitimate issues to talk about regarding YouTube, feels superior to the replier, by saying why she is right and you are not, and yet marks her unhelpful reply as best answer. I hope LG Connection doesn't become that way.

Speaking of GPF, I didn't know that this community existed until I got hit myself with the irrelevant and totally incorrect Yes/No/Not Sure questions about a rollercoaster ride, an indoor one, at a local theme park! I posted it on gpf instead of here... https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!category-topic/maps/feature-suggestions/google-earth/mobi... but if it belongs on LGC instead, alright, I'll be g

Level 7

Hi, @lolly95

Good photo.

Warm  Welcome to Google local guide community (Local Guides Connect).

Since you are new in the Community, here are some steps you can follow:

Level 10

Welcome @KI5JYD! My first language was BASIC too, but in the Sinclair ZX81 version! So no colours for me too.

Level 4

I am Sand

I am Sand

received_1791360504314695.jpeg

Level 10

Re: menjalin silaturahmi local guide di Papua

Terima kasih mas @Lera76, saya baru 2 bulan ini bekerja di Papua. Area kerja saya Jayapura dan Mamberamo Raya. Saya masih level 7 tapi kurang 800 point lagi menjadi level 8. 

Saya baru aktif jadi local guide sekitar 2 tahun ini. Selama di Papua saya ngebut, awalnya level 6 sekarang mau 8. Di jayapura masih banyak titik yang harus ditambahkan. Saya juga banyak temukan titik yang dibuat asal dengan titik yang kurang akurat dan foto yang tidak sesuai.

Salam kenal dan terima kasih banyak juga kepada @AngieYC

Wisnu Salman from Indonesia
Level 9

Re: menjalin silaturahmi local guide di Papua

Iya mas @Wisnusetiono saya harap kita bangun silaturahmi di komunitas ini dan kontribusi yang informatif orang banyak, terutama tempat kita tinggal. Beri informasi yang lebih akurat di Google Maps untuk membantu orang lain tanpa syarat dan tidak berharap imbalan. Perlu juga kita ketahui bersama bahwa dalam komunitas ini tidak harus ngebut untuk mengejar point tapi bagaimana kita memberi informasi yang akurat kepada orang banyak tentang suatu informasi  tempat, informasi kuliner dan informasi  lain yang bisa diakses melalui Google Maps secara pasti dan akurat. Kalau hal-hal lain kurang paham bisa tanya langsung kepada moderator kita seperti @AngieYC @NadyaPN dan lain-lain 

Lera76