Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: ssssssss

Hi @shahinreja,

Welcome to Connect.

Since you are new on the Community,

• First, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community.
  • To make the most of your experience here, you can take a look at the posts in the Help Desk.
  • Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here.

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Introduce Yourself - June 2018.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Eid Mubarak

EID MUBARAK TO ALL OF MY LOCAL GUIDE FRIENDS.

RajibCh
Former Google Contributor

Re: Eid Mubarak

Hey @RajibChBD,

Welcome to Connect.

Since you are new on the Community,

• First, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community.
  • To make the most of your experience here, you can take a look at the posts in the Help Desk.
  • Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here.

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Introduce Yourself - June 2018.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Re: Location

Thank you @THOKCHOM for your kind words. 

Good to know your story too.

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself — June 2018

Hi All,

My Name is Abdul Fasi, Iam from Southern Part of India (Hyderabad, Telangana), currently residing in Al-Khobar, KSA from past 8 years. I work in a Technology Transfer Office of a public university.  Initially, I started the journey of reviewing the places on google maps halfheartedly, but now i become obsessed with this platform. I love playing and watching sports and Iam a die hard fan of Real Madrid CF . In my opinion, being a local guide provides an opportunity and freedom to an individual to freely express his/her opinion on places which he visit, which will eventually benefit society at large.

1. I have been to Beijing, China to attend a specialized course focusing on how Intellectual Property can be used as an asset for flourishing business. Before visiting Beijing, I had very less expectation with city but i was amazed when I saw both the modern and traditional architecture of the city. The city is very rich in history and have a very strong influence on global technology. 

2. Geneva is also very close to my heart. I was fortunate to visit this city to attend summer school program organized by WIPO. This city is considered as a global finance center and it host some important offices such as United Nations, Red Cross etc. The city is very expensive but the transportation within the city is is just awesome.   My PictureChina Intellectual Property Training CenterThe Summer Palace in BeijingChina Intellectual Property Training CenterChina Intellectual Property Training CenterSilk StreetBeijing SubwayThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in Beijing360 Total Security, Beijing360 Total Security, BeijingChina Intellectual Property Training CenterThe Summer Palace in BeijingThe Summer Palace in BeijingChina Intellectual Property Training CenterIbis Hotel, GenevaNash Airport Hotel, GenevaNash Airport Hotel, GenevaWIPO Head QuartersUnited Nations Office at GenevaUnited Nations Office at GenevaNash Airport Hotel, GenevaMy pictureMusée ArianaMusée ArianaMusée ArianaMusée ArianaMusée Ariana

Fun Fact about me: I just love reading news articles on Football and Tennis and has a strong attachment towards playing squash.

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 7

Hi, 

I am Hans Kruse, Software Engineer, Foody and confident that I can cook a bit myself.

I thank my fellow local guides, for providing me with good reviews for picking restaurants

in places I am less familiar with. I hope my reviews are useful too.

Hans KruseHans Kruse

I am married, have a dog, and commute to work by a very fast yellow folding bicycle and train. 

Akyra our black MalinoisAkyra our black Malinois

Living in the medieval town of Deventer the Netherlands since 2008 and still considering myself a tourist in my home town. I love eating out in Deventer and other places but also love to cook myself with local ingredients, sometimes from my own garden. I recently started gardening again and now growing Shanghai Paksoi amongst other vegetables, fruits and herbs.

One of my recipes can be found in a local cook book "Het Worp's kookboek" (Dutch only).

I speak, read and write Dutch(Native), English and to a lesser extend German. I know a little bit French and modern Greek. I know bits and pieces of Spanish, Turkish and a few other languages.

You should visit Deventer, Deventer is awesome 😉

My favorite holiday country is Greece,  especially the Peleponessos area.

I like to read books too! Hooked on reading e-books since the Palm-III PDA except for cooking books and ancient Jules Verne books. I like audio books or letting my phone read a book to me using a good Text To Speech Engine (TTS). There are several for Android. A blind guy once said I can iron shirts and read at the same time. I cannot.

I work on server side software engineering for onboarding(banks) and verification of passports using mobile phones.

Fluent in C# and Java. Did/doing things in other languages too. I am interested in Functional Programming and data mining. Sad a day has only 24 hours. There is so much cool stuff!! Since august 2017 I travel to London (By boat via Harwich) every 3 weeks for a day and back. So after a day of work I have about two ours to discover beautiful London too.

For those interested I blog on software engineering  at http://trackhacks.hanskruse.eu/ and really should relaunch my cooking blog when I find some time for that. Track Hacks is about the rediscovery of Java by a .NET Developer who went back to 'The Duke Side of the Force'. In this blog post I write about Java, Java EE and more from the viewpoint of a .NET Developer.These blog posts are written during a daily 45 minute commute by train hence the name Track Hacks. I tweet and complain via twitter at @hanskruse . My github repo with dangerous experiments is at:https://github.com/nicenemo Currently thinking about creating FP style pattern matching in Java.

My reviews and blog posts are my own and not the offical view of past, present and possible future employers.

View on Deventer by nightView on Deventer by night

Me Observing daily life at Bank station in London

Level 5

Introduce Yourself — June 2018

Hello everyone!

1. Name: Eminaa
  2. Location: Tunisia (Menzel Bourguiba, to be exact)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I want to help people to discover our little world so simple
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Traditions, Gastronomy, Plants and Your recommendation argued by the experience lived
  5. Fact about me: I am frank and direct. I do not know the basics to become a local guide but I'm trying anyway@Olive and All by Amal Medimegh@Olive and All by Amal Medimegh
Level 6

Re: Location

Hi @NandKK

Welcome and wish you best of luck once again.

Regards

Thokchom DS

Level 8

Hallo @ferme

Warm Welcome to Official Connect Local Guides Community

Before to start here are some useful information’s

First you can introduce yourself in current June 2018 thread (Each month a new one is started)

If you've a question, before to contribute on Connect maybe a Local Guide already asked and received answers.

• Then think to use Search Fieldto check (in the top right hand corner).
    • You can even use keywordsaccording to your request (As you will type Connect will show you several suggestions linked to words you enter).

Of course as Local Guide you have full access to all forums to share and contribute.

• Always choose the good forum to post in order to get best feedbacks.
    • Give a clear and complete title to your post if you want Local Guides to read it and reply!
    • To be in touch with a Local Guide simply mention him/herusing @+Username in your post in order to warn it -Connect will send her/him a notification- (Typing @ in your post will allow you to see all Local Guides who contributed to your post).
    • Never share personal information’s on Connect (think to use private message if needed).

As Local Guide you can also create a Google+ page to start a Local Guides Community in locality you stay in.

Practice does make perfect

and remember active involvement promotes learning: we learn by doing.

Now you're ready to fly 😉

Regards 

bdmafuz

Level 9

Hi @ferme
Welcome to Local Guides Connect. You're Tunisian! That is great, one of my favourite places to visit!
I invite you to check out the following posts so you can get the most out of your experience here on Connect.

I'll be moving your post to the monthly introduction thread as it is better suited there. Welcome again! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!