MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — August 2022

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like July's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to us sharing your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @cherrypie! Danila is a Local Guide Level 7, and here’s what they shared about themselves. 

Caption: A photo of Danila by a lake at sunset. (Local Guide @cherrypie)Caption: A photo of Danila by a lake at sunset. (Local Guide @cherrypie)1. Name: Hi everyone! My name is Danila.

2. Location: Milan, Italy

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Besides showing love for my favorite places in my city, sometimes I love to look back at my reviews and read the details of what I enjoyed the most on my trips. It's like a diary!

4. My favorite thing to explore: I love hiking and tropical destinations. So my favorite activity when I'm traveling is hiking to find secluded beaches or beautiful viewpoints. Also, I do my best to always try local food, and I'm always on the lookout for the most authentic restaurant. This also applies to Italy! My current project is finding the best pizza in Milan. 😊

5. Fun fact about me:I will never not point and wave at every dog I see on the street, and possibly try to pet it. Not sorry!

Nice to meet you, Danila! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Danila in the comments below and to share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Milano, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
202 comments
Level 5

My first Post on #localguidesconnect

Hello friends, 

I am glad to sharing my local guide me experience with you, as now I am on level 4 and I have earn two badges so now I think I am able to share my thoughts with you guys. I think travelling and exploring the new location, new culture, new wheather and meeting with new people is one the best therapy for a person who is buzy in his life as he is doing a regular job, applying the same routine on his/her day to day life but when he travelled and disturbing his daily routine that experience of living at a new place, meeting with new people that is really marvelous and at that time #Googlemaps plays an important role because sometimes when a person goes astray from his destination at that moment Google maps help that person and local guides like us help them to find the way to reach their destination and also we help them to choose the best hotel with best services in affordable price, best restaurant and bar for hangout, best places to visit at that location so that they never forget that time, that moment which they spent there. So, I wanna thank you all and especially #google #google

Thank you all

Connect Moderator

Re: My first Post on #localguidesconnect

Hello @Kanhaiya2309 

A warm and friendly welcome to local guides connect forum. Pleased to meet you here,congratulations for your first post and badges. There are lots of badges to be earned here if you keep active and contribute quality. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this post as well 

Now I think it's a proper thing to present you with A Welcome-to-Connect-Card . It's an animated post that contains a welcome note for new users and also information to help you feel comfortable and at home here on connect. Please kindly go through it,you will like it and it will be useful. Since you are new,would you like to official introduce yourself and meet other as well? Kindly do so on our Introduce-Yourself-July-2022 . Keep active and happy guiding.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 5

Re: My first Post on #localguidesconnect

Thank yo

u very much 😊😊😊

Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — August 2022

Hello Danila @cherrypie 

Nice Introduction and Glad to know more about you.

Thank you for sharing this post with us @MashaPS 

Connect Moderator

Hello @MashaPS 

It's nice to have a new thread from introduction from you and thank you for launching a new month post. We appreciate your moderation activities.

Hello @cherrypie  

To start with your username is very nice ,I like it. Nice to know more about you as a local guide and your love for dogs as pets. @FalguniP will be happy to meet you because you both have something in common !!! Happy guiding and keep active.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 2

Hlo friend who are you

Level 8

Congratulations @cherrypie  for the recognition and welcome to connect family. 

Thank you @MashaPS  for the updates 😊

Level 9

Hello friend, nice to see so many people are joining through a thread introduction. Keep posting and shining 🌟🌟🌟.

Joshan Pandey
Level 8

আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ @MashaPS আপনার ভালোলাগা আমাদের সাথে শেয়ার করার জন্য। আমার ভালোলাগার সবচেয়ে উন্নত দেশগুলোর মধ্যে আপনার দেশ ইতালি অন্যতম ❤️❤️❤️। এই কানেক্ট ফোরামের মাধ্যমে আমার পছন্দের দেশের মানুষের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করতে পারায় আমি খুবই আনন্দিত। আপনাকে আমার দেশ " বাংলাদেশ 🇧🇩" ভ্রমণ করার জন্য আমন্ত্রণ রইলো।

Md. Khokon Sharker