brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Ashdone.
  2. Location: Kent, United Kingdom (Originally from London).
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being able to use my phone to take pictures, I love mobile photography and being a local guide gets me out and about and using my phone to take helpful pictures for people who rely on Google Maps to get around. 
  4. I love to share:  I love to share photos I take with my phone. Also like to share opening times for places that do not have it posted on Google Maps.  
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A youtube video.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to attend Hip-Hop Karaoke (Which is what I'm doing in my profile pic).
Level 6

Re: Introduce myself -Google connect live april2018

Thanks a lot....

Level 9

Re: I'm new

@anoopa

Hi From Kerala Local Guides 

Welcome to Local Guides . 

Connect on Google Plus 

Happy mapping

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 5

Hello world, let me introduce myself.

Name: Nikola Vesely, though most of my friends know me as Nitai.

Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, but was born and grew up in Prague, Czech Republic.

What I love about being a local guide: to be able to help people to find good vegetarian options to eat, places to practice yoga, listen to good music and some beautiful and interesting places to visit. And if necessary to alert about places that are better to be avoided, mostly because of safety at the present moment that Rio is going through. As a private music teacher and luthier of indian instruments, I travel around the whole city all the time, so I have always fresh informations about all different parts of Rio.

My favorite cuisine to explore: vegetarian dishes of all kinds and cultures, with slight preference of indian style.

BBZ17_01449.JPG

Retiro2018-15.jpg

Retiro2018-25.jpg

Fun and facts: I love indian classical music. I play Bansuri, Harmonium and some kinds of indian percussion and I sing. At the moment I am starting to learn some brazilian music too.

I mostly play on yoga classes, gatherings and retreats.

Level 10

Re: Discover

Bonjour @DAlessandroD,

N’hésite pas à partager des photos. On adore découvrir de nouveaux lieux. Tu évoques notamment Lille, la Belgique et  le Maroc.

Si tu as besoin d'aide ou d'information particulière, n’hésite pas non plus.

A bientôt

Jul

Level 5

Hi Guys,

It's a pleasure to meet some of the awesome people who make my traveling experiences to new places possible and seamless :).

A little bit about myself:

When every day is Beach day!When every day is Beach day!

1. Name: Gladys
  2. LocationNairobi, Kenya
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: A chance to give people the freedom, autonomy, and independence that drove me to use Google maps in the first place so long ago :).
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Ethiopian food and Sea Food. Meat is a must have for my meals be it red or white, I've got to have it! 🙂
  5. Fun Fact about me: The 1st place I discover in a new territory? The washrooms! LOL, I don't know why but other than loathing asking for directions? ( thanks Google maps :)), my 2nd worst pet peeve is having to ask where the washrooms are... hahaha. 

That 1st time I was blown and realized my images are a big deal! :)That 1st time I was blown and realized my images are a big deal! 🙂

Former Google Contributor

@WarindiG haha, what funny pet peeves! Thank you for your introduction! 

Former Google Contributor

@WarindiG haha, what funny pet peeves! Thank you for your introduction! 

Level 7

Hey Local Guides

Name: Jwtiyar Nariman

My Journey started oops wait ! i really cant remember 🙂 but may be in 2010 or 2011 , when i started there was Google map maker and Iraq maps was very poor with two or three friends stared and now iraq maps is like richer , first time our big problem was satellite imagery from google but step by step everything became clearer after all this works i got honored to be Regional Expert Reviewer ( RER ) and this made me work harder and harder to make world better and people get directed very well by maps.

After that promoted to be Regional Leader (RL) , My Experience became tough and hard because we needed too much work taking picture of every place i will visit and reviewing and approving edits reporting bad edits,all these was hard but i was really enjoyed it because i loved the work and i was proud of my self that i was helping people to get good navigation and direction while they are travelling . so from the begining my hope was to map my world better and people get helped by my contribution .

What I love about being a Local Guide: The best reason is that you are motivated because you are helping others and make world look better , being local guide is honor to all of us and our hope is to make every thing more clear and richer. providing info to places we visited. the another thing that iam proud of it that i see people got helped by my photos and reviews .

Fun Fact about me :The funny thing about my experience is that every time visiting or travelling with my friends when iam going to take picture and see details of places they say come on man speak to us or eat with us.

In the End i hope to see you guys in San Francisco and meet you.

Level 5

Hello i'am newbie here

My name is berril, you can call me berril or maryam

I'm from indonesia

I hopefull can get new friends and new experience here as localguide

I need referens from you all about your story, tips, all of about local guide

I love it