brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

• Greetings from the sweetest part of India, West Bengal.

1. Name: Mojahar Ali
    2. Location: Kolkata, though I’m originally from Murshidabad.
    3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide allows me to represent my city to people around the world and it gives me immense happiness that my photos and reviews help millions of people and small businesses.
    4. My favorite thing to explore: I love to just wander the streets of my city. Exploring different parts of the city gives me the opportunity to guide someone who needs help/ suggestions.
    5. My favorite cuisine to explore: Need suggestions about where to eat biriyani in Kolkata? You can trust me on this!! I have literally tasted biriyani from all the famous restaurants in Kolkata!
    6. Fun Fact about me:I’ve started LG program exactly 2 years ago and soon my photo view count will be 10 million also I’m planning to start 360 photography professionally as I get many request from different businesses.

IMG_20180411_114852.jpg

Level 4

Hi, my name is Jan, and I would like to share more of my experiences, and knowledge with others. Jan LenczowskiJan Lenczowski

Level 6

Thanks! Jairaldine! Arroz Caldos are a must have especially during rainy season. ❤️

Level 5

Google Local Guides is the best tool to boost small businesses in Cambodia

Even I joined Google Local Guides nearly a year ago, but I still feel that I am a newbie. The thing that inspired me a lot of being a local guide is when I added a new place to Google Map, a fast food place. I was so surprised why such good place with good food and good price does not exist in map. The place was there for a long time and it is so popular for people nearby.  I then added photos and providing positive reviews and after a while, I started seeing photos got viewed and noticing that more and more people start coming to eat there. I can't believe that my little effort can make a big change for a small business!

I believe that involving in Google Local Guides community help me play a very big role in helping small businesses grow. By the way, I'm still looking to learn to produce good photos, best practice to add places that convert, and ways to provide reviews which are reliable to people. If you guys could advise, that would be my big pleasure.

Level 6

1. Name: Danil
  2. LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I like the ability to provide more relevant and useful information about the places from a point of view of it's visitors. Ability to make the lives of users and visitors easier by simple tacking a correct picture, or updating contact info once you know it after a half-hour search. Owners sometime do not even think some info may be valuable, so here we are to help out!
  4. I love to share: Knowledge and experience, life-hacks and curiosities.
  5. Fun Fact about me: As Peter Pevensie said it in the "Prince Caspian" film - "I once were a king!". Well actually several times. I did live-action role play games earlier and nowadays I am dancing the historical dances. In both these hobbies a play a role of kings several times.
    IMG_1144.JPG
Level 8

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Greetings from the sweetest part of India, West Bengal.

1. Name: Mojahar Ali
      2. Location:Kolkata, though I’m originally from Murshidabad.
      3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide allows me to represent my city to the people around the world and it gives me immense happiness that my photos and reviews help millions of people and small businesses.
      4. My favorite thing to explore: I love to just wander the streets of my city. Exploring different parts of the city gives me the opportunity to guide someone who needs help/ suggestions.
      5. My favorite cuisine to explore: Need suggestions about where to eat biriyani in Kolkata? You can trust me on this!! I have literally tasted biriyani from all the famous restaurants in Kolkata!Fun Fact about me: I’ve started LG program exactly 2 years ago and soon my photo view count will be 10 million also I’m planning to start 360 photography professionally as I get many request from different businesses.

IMG_20180411_114852.jpg

Level 8

Hello Everyone, 

I am glad to introduce myself to this threat, 

I hope in the future we will be meet each other

salim sianok.jpg

Name                                           : SALIM

Location                                       : Muaro Sijunjung, West Sumatera, Indonesia

What I Love Being Local Guide: I love motorbiking, traveling, and exploring my workplace area that  3.130,80 km2  large.  Adding a place in Google maps would be an interesting activity in my spare time.  There are many places in my work area has no cellular phone signal. So I add a place to geotagging information in the photo in google maps.  

What my favorite Cuisine: All food, as long as it is HALAL.

Fun Fact About me: I am an ordinary person, a husband, a father of a beautiful daughter and I love a simple photography.

IMG_201704103_0718.jpgIMG_201704101_0944.jpg

thank you @brittym for the threat 

Connect Moderator

Hi @mzrali07  A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 6

Say Hello!

Hello!

My name is Steffanie, I am currently a Level 6 Google Guide, I live in the UK in the South East and work in travel.

Thanks to my job I get to travel around and I get to find the amazing hidden gems around the world. I personally became a Google guide after a guy in my local pub was talking about it and I thought with all my travel it would be a good place to share my travel secrets and most enjoyed places.

I would love to do a meet up at some point so I will keep an eye out for one of those as well!

Level 6

Why I'm a local guide?

Hi! My name is Hang. I'nm 23 year old .I born and living in Ho Chi Minh city and I would like to travel. Really this time I have been 4 country. And I had a lots of photo for google map. I really happy,  because my picture on the google map had manny view. I will be happy more if  I can come to California join Google Local Guides. 

AnnieHo1603