brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

hello everyone!

Hello everyone. I'm kentshiv. I'm come from Viet Nam and a Local Guide podential of VietNam

and Nice to be acquainted with everyone

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

@MdEmranulHoque thanks for your kind

Words nice to meet  you bro

Level 9

My name is Nirmal Teja ,and I'm from INDIA..  

Level 6

@ProfArunCM  nice  to meet you in alocal Guides connect  community 

Level 10

Hi guys,

1. Name: Julien
  2. Location: Nantes France
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I like to share, to transmit. This gives me a true satisfaction. By contributing to google maps, I try to share with accuracy and quality my experiences. I make reviews, take photos and add informations to maps in order to help others discovering the best places, restaurants, hotels and avoiding places that are not worth it. 
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I love traveling and especially abroad. It is always a good opportunity to live new experiences (with the discovery of locals, their culture, their lifestyle and their food). It's always so rewarding. I usually travel with my wife and our two boys (8 & 12 years old) on the roadtrip.
  5. Fun Fact about meI am like Asterix ..... I fell in the pot google maps .... Each new place is a good opportunity to contribute (reviews, photos, adding places).

DCS1 (3).png

Level 9

Hi,

I might be a little late for this post, but hey, it's never too late.

I would like to Introduce myself here at Local Guides Connect.

Name: Prateek Agarwal

What do i do for a living: I am a Chartered Accountant by profession and am a VP-Finance & Accounts employed in a multi-million dollar company. Psst: I am also a passionate Local Guide.

Why a Local Guide: The first thing that can comes to my mind when I look up for a new place to explore, is to search Google for that place. Now that Google has all the relevant information for that place, like Phone Numbers, Directions, Accessibility features, photos etc., Google becomes the default place for every single place, be it a restaurant, place of entertainment, movie theater, garden, landmarks, tourist attractions, etc. It automatically becomes my responsibility as a socially-active person, to help out Google as well as millions (in this case Billions) of other users, to make good use of this information. These information HAS to be correct and not misleading in any ways. Thus, I took it upon myself to help Google become better for all those places that I have explored or been to. 

My favorite cuisines: I am a thorough foodie and I like exploring anything "Food". My favorite cuisines as of now are Chinese and Mexican. But of course, my favorites are by no means limited to just these 2. I keep on exploring new restaurants or eateries and have a special inclination towards street foods. Street food is a delicacy in India and is a guilty pleasure for all Indians alike. 

What makes me a different Local Guide: All Local Guides have this "community" thing in common, like me. But I think on terms on how people can make use of this information, apart from phone numbers and directions, like No Smoking, Accessibility by a public transport, whether the path is walkable etc. My reviews revolve around my personal experiences as well as the thought that other thousands of people flocking the place might have in store. 

I am a passionate, fun-loving person, always in the lookout for newer opportunities. I love traveling and exploring the World, especially my country India, which I have widely traversed. I make sure that every review or photo that I post might be of some use to fellow billions of humans around the World. Hoping to meet some of you in the near future. 

Namaste!

Prateek Agarwal
Level 10

Hi @Julien44

Oh man ,I eagerly await your introduction,it's really nice to see you first time,and honestly you're looking great as your comments and posts,

Hopefully we'll meet one day,

I can't say welcome on board because you're already at home a long time ago,

Thanks

Have a nice day

Level 9

Hi @Julien44

Nice to hear from you. 

Prateek Agarwal
Level 10

Hi @AkmalB,

Thanks for your words. It is much appreciated.

As you have well noticed, first time in front of the camera and not behind 😉

I also hope to meet you one day! Let's see how it goes 😉

Have a nice day too.

Jul

Level 10