KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: International Wine Exchange: Local Guides Style

Hi @manulele81, and @AngelaViale, nice to see you both here at the same time. I'm so happy that you had the time to read this beautiful post started from @KarenVChin about our small "wine exchange". I think you remember, Emanuele, that in our "Wine Meetup" we were at the "Confraternita del Raboso", and the sommelier of the Italian Prime Minister was telling us a story about a more famous "wine exchange", between USA president Mr Barack Obama, and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.

Well, we do not pretend our "private exchange" to be at the same level, because the powerful message of friendship was much much higher, in the exchange between Karen and me.

Today the word friendship is for me very very important, and I never appreciated friendship more than in this last week. Thank you friends is what I want to say to you.

Angela, I missed you a lot, after our last two days in Norcia last year, so I really hope that we can meet soon. Don't worry, we are not hard "wine drinkers", wine is a beautiful symbol of what can be possible with the synergy between humans and nature. Wine, like food, is an experience, is a way to share (I love the Spanish word "Comparrtir" to say this, @FaridTDF@ValeriaA_@AlejandraMaria, it sounds better, it is a rrround worrd). Take your time to read all this post from the very first beginning, to see that wine is a medium, not a target.

Thanks for being here

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Oh, @manulele81, I forget to say one thing: grape's harvest is not so romantic (not like "a walk in the cloud" - "il profumo del mosto selvatico" - the movie). It was like this, when I was a child, and harvesting grapes was a beautiful moment in which families were working together, a lot of people involved, moving all together from vineyard to vineyard, helping each other. Now agriculture is more "technology" than "hands at work".

As Harvesting grapes is one of the most important moment for a vinery, it is also the wrongest moment for a wine meetup in there. But if you want a geowalk Meetup, a walk in Prosecco's hills, visiting castles, why not?

Ermes

Level 9

Totally agree with you @ErmesT that  "wine is a medium, not a target" :))

Have a nice day, 

ALejandra.

Level 10

Awesome culture interchange @KarenVChin and @ErmesT! It must have been very interesting and fulfilling for both of you, as it was for me while reading this post. 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Yes @ValeriaA_, it was.

You know, meeting @KarenVChin was just like to meet an old friend, that you meet again after a long long time away.

You have so many experience, so many stories to tell, with that kind of intimacy, of confidence, that only old friends have.

Oh, we wrote a lot about that moment, and you can find a lot of post about that. If you like to read the story, you can find our personal Point of view in here:

Ermes: Episode 1

Karen/Ermes: Episode 10 - A double side Story

The stories are parts of a Series of stories of LGMeetup17

You can find the link to the series in my signature here below, together with the post I wrote about wine, (in wich @AlejandraMaria had an important role)

I thanks @KarenVChin for this post everyday, because a true friendship has born in those days / minutes / maybe seconds

Ermes

Level 10

Ohhh @ErmesT I would love to read more about that story!! I will for sure check it out in a while. Thank you very much for sharing it with me!! 🙂

ermest ha escrito:

Yes @ValeriaAumasque, it was.

You know, meeting @KarenVChin was just like to meet an old friend, that you meet again after a long long time away.

You have so many experience, so many stories to tell, with that kind of intimacy, of confidence, that only old friends have.

Oh, we wrote a lot about that moment, and you can find a lot of post about that. If you like to read the story, you can find our personal Point of view in here:

Ermes: Episode 1

Karen/Ermes: Episode 10 - A double side Story

The stories are parts of a Series of stories of LGMeetup17

You can find the link to the series in my signature here below, together with the post I wrote about wine, (in wich @AlejandraMaría had an important role)

I thanks @KarenVChin for this post everyday, because a true friendship has born in those days / minutes / maybe seconds

Ermes

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 6

回應: International Wine Exchange: Local Guides Style

Hi @KarenVChin 

International wine exchange is cool! Taiwan ’s Kavalan Whisky and Kaoliang Liquor are also world-famous good wines, and I have the opportunity to share them with you!