DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: I tried Christina’s sushi photography tips

Hi @DeniGu , 

Thanks for sharing the useful photography tips post with us. 

Thanks again. 

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Connect Moderator

@DeniGu When I order something that can be eaten without cutlery, I always like to take photos as I take the food with one hand. I think that in that way you can look at the ingredients better and also know how more about how the food is overall. I also take photos of bitten food if I think they will show the ingredients better.

Caption: A collage of four food photos, all taken by @Jesi. The photos are of ice cones covered in chocolate bitten to show the inside, a taco with chips on the side, a hamburger and a bun with other dishes on the background.Caption: A collage of four food photos, all taken by @Jesi. The photos are of ice cones covered in chocolate bitten to show the inside, a taco with chips on the side, a hamburger and a bun with other dishes on the background.

I also like taking close up shots of pizza, and like to focus on the details in other dishes while I also try to show other dishes or drinks you can get.

Caption: A collage of three food photos taken by @Jesi. The photos show a salad with drink on the background, a pizza up close and another salad from above.Caption: A collage of three food photos taken by @Jesi. The photos show a salad with drink on the background, a pizza up close and another salad from above.

When it comes to taking photos of the restaurant I usually just try to show the amount of space and seating areas, but I don't think they are good enough to post here 😬

Level 8

It’s a great job! I will follow the tips. 

Bo Saldana
Google Moderator

Thank you for your reply, @IshantHP_ig! Honestly, the HDR is a function I started using recently, but I've also noticed that it improves the quality of the photo, especially when combined with natural light. 

I'll be on the lookout for more great food photos from you. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Totally understand you, @TheEagleEye. I'm also quite grateful for the photography tips and tricks more experienced Local Guides share with us here.

If you ever feel like trying out some of them, I'd love to read about your thoughts and experience. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, @923339 and @SuchitraPaneer

Do you have a favourite food dish you want to share here?

Level 9

Hi @DeniGu literally the HDR is the best option to capture the pictures only when we have a lot of light around object, actually in HDR feature the camera itself take many pictures under different exposures and then it combine all the pictures and then make a good and perfect shot (the whole process completed in a blink ) 🙂

Google Moderator

Delicious-looking pancakes, @helga19. I've also noticed that you like taking photos of the whole dish, and those photos work so great for you! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Level 9

I am glad to hear these words @DeniGu .

Thank you very much.

Google Moderator

Thank you both for the encouraging words, @DanielTh and @NirmalTeja. 🙂 Do you have your own favourite tips or photos to share? 

Glad to hear that, @GrethelP! Please do post your great photos here when you get the chance to try out the tips yourself. I'm curious what angle you'll choose. :))