bonjourfrombey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I MISSED THE APPLICATION DEADLINE (for Connect Live 2018 and had no idea)

I missed the deadline and had no idea (made a video today!!)I missed the deadline and had no idea (made a video today!!)

Guess who woke up today, created a one minute video, and thought she was going to apply for the Local Guide Summit 2018?? Me!!! I finished the video and was ready to apply and realized — in complete shock — I was late by a few hours! 

My one minute video is here (which only took 78 takes to get): https://youtu.be/VLhRsCn9dUQ

21 comments
Level 8

Re: I MISSED THE APPLICATION DEADLINE (for Connect Live 2018 and had no idea)

lulz!!! Thanks for sharing. I had a similar experience with my application.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Join-the-quot-Missed-the-Deadline-quot-Club...

Level 8

HAHAHAHA! I spent three hours this morning recording a one minute video (harder than it seems!). Had no idea I had already missed the deadline. But it's OK!  I guess you and I are prepared for 2019's Summit!! 😄 And already have a video. 🙂

Level 7

hey i did the same mistake, what to do now ? do you think they would accept a day late entry ?

Level 8

Hello! Sorry to hear.

Well I have no idea! I posted mine to YouTube and created this discussion. Maybe we need to ask for an extension 😄 Or we wait until Summit 2019...? 

Connect Moderator

Hi @bonjourfrombey, @Dildarshaikh, @RivXuxin@

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

The application is already closed, as you know. Of course we will have a whole year, for being active in the community, with beautiful posts, to increase the possibility of being selected for 2019.

You already started in a good way, with a beautiful video. Being an active contributor will for sure increase your chances

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 7

Well, am not gonna make video now 😞 Let's wait for next event, We'll be in top ten participants 😄

Level 8

Hello @ErmesT!

Thank you for the warm welcome, encouragement, and thoughtful feedback! Yes, I'll definitely not let this setback affect my my contributions. I'm even more motivated to give back as a Local Guide and prepare myself for next year's Summit. 

Wishing everyone who applied for 2018 much success and luck!

Level 6

@Dildarshaikh wrote:

hey i did the same mistake, what to do now ? do you think they would accept a day late entry ?

I doubt late applications will be accepted. The deadline was mentioned as 1st may (11:59 PM on the 30th of April). Many people, I guess, got confused because they at first only saw "ast of May". As my former boss used to say: "The devil is in the details" . I am so sorry to hear that so many of you missed the deadline. 

Hope you are luckier next year. 

Level 10

Sorry about that 🙄. Hope next time every thing will be okay. I watched your video, it is a great one..