AdriansyahPutera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to send public alerts to Google Maps?

Hello all,
Is there anything I or we can do as Google Local Guides to contribute to send information or public alerts to Google Maps related to local area/road closures due to road works, hazardous flood conditions, riot, natural disaster, etc?
I know about Google SOS Alerts feature, but I think it only focuses on large-scale area emergencies rather than local emergencies like riot, road closures and detours due to flooding.
Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian

Note: Previously, I posted this similar question on May 31 2018 on the older Local Guides Connect V.1 – General Discussion . The new Connect system has disabled/locked the comment option for older posts written before the new Connect launched, so I need to repost the similar question to obtain some fresh helpful responses.

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to send public alerts to Google Maps?

Hi @AdriansyahPutera 

The sistem is in evolution, but actually it is not possible to do this as a local Guide

In any case, is much better now. Please check https://crisisresponse.google/

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @AdriansyahPutera 

The sistem is in evolution, but actually it is not possible to do this as a local Guide

In any case, is much better now. Please check https://crisisresponse.google/

Level 10

Thank you so much for your quick and clear response @ErmesT. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks also for the link. Have a great week ahead.   

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Connect Moderator

You are welcome, @AdriansyahPutera 

Mapping in emergency is one of the topics that I always supported on Google Maps. This is my application for last year for Connect Live: Mapping on emergency areas

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT, I have checked out your "Mapping on emergency areas" page and "Local Guides Clean The World - Your Language here" page. I love those posts, I feel connected as I have experienced the same things and issues. Btw, when I'm available I'd love to help with the Indonesian translation section.   

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Connect Moderator