AvirajAgarwal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to report a fake Local Guide Profile on Google Maps?

Hello Everyone..

Recently I was answering a question on Google Maps through Q&A and there I found a guy with off-topic answer..

I found that the guy was a Level 8 Local guide so I just eagerly checked his profile and found that the profile was totally fake..

One single picture is posted on different places with no relation with the place.. All the Photos were just spam and was posted just to gain points..

Right now on 19th May 2018, 9.25 PM(GMT) the person has posted around 405 Photos which I guess 80-90% is fake(Spam).

Moreover, he is posting questions on different places and also answering anything to the question himself (I am not sure if he is getting points for this also)

Now I just can't understand how to report his profile. As each and every photo is fake and I cannot just go to 405 photos and report in each and every photo.

So I just want to know is there any process for reporting a profile.

Also request you all that if you find profiles like this then do take some action against them as they are spoiling the name of Google Maps. Instead of helping others, they are filling the contents of google with fake data.

If there is any process of reporting then please let me know and if not then I would request Google Moderators to look upon the matter and take some actions on this as there would be many more people out there with this type of fake profile.

Aviraj..
India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to report a fake Local Guide Profile on Google Maps?

Hi @AvirajAgarwal

Thank you for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

Please, for everyone's privacy, remove the photos and the link to the profile. You will share the information, in private mode, when contacted by Google

You can simply make an edit.

Press the three black dots on the right top of your post then click on "edit"

edit2.JPG

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT

I have removed the photos and the link to the profile as suggested by you.

I read the reporting process, it is written to tag a Google Moderator to report a LG profile.

As you have already read the post so I guess you are taking the required action on it..

Thanks and regards..

Aviraj..
Connect Moderator

Level 6

This guy is also a fake guide. All his reviews are with no text and one star which is unfair to business too. 

GetImage.png

Connect Moderator

Hi @robibilic

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

For everyone's privacy, please edit your post for removing the picture provided by you. We don't need it, @FelipePK

Connect Moderator

Feel free to PM me a link to the profile @robibilic and I'll take a look. In the mean time I'll remove the photo so to avoid violating the privacy of this LG.