jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Hidden reviews-forms-solutions

@MortenCopenhagen Appreciated your great efforts for the above issues and consequently the solution of submitting forms for hidden reviews which are genuine following strictly policies. In my case out of 3669 contributions shown only 1451 are published and more than half ie 2218 are hidden or unpublished. Even some are hidden although showing in public profile. Most of my hidden reviews are strictly following policies and duly supported by genuine photos clearly revealing the name of place. As a matter of fact it is quite genuine and for me it is very difficult to fill form for all those 2218 hidden reviews due to time factor. As such requesting Google to find other alternatives to identify and re In state those reviews from

your end . As you know lot of efforts being made for sincere contributions and the above checklists  and controls will surely adversely affect the sincerity of many contributors like me. Thank you for the understanding!

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Hidden reviews-forms-solutions

Hi @jojo522 

It sounds like you believe that you need to submit the form for each and every one of your hidden reviews. This is not the case. The form only needs to be filled and submitted once, and your entire profile will be checked. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 10

Re: Hidden reviews-forms-solutions

@MortenCopenhagen @TsekoV 

In continuation of update 15-8-22 i submitted my Google form 

Google Maps profile for review,since i  believe that my  contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Hence my hidden reviews are fully published.

Appreciated  the root cause of this issue has been resolved for many genuine, sincere and innocent Reviewers.Simultaneously I am following changing policies.

I feel misuse by many LG's result ins such strict actions and as far as reviews and photos are genuine there will be protections and algorathims can be effectively channelised. 

please leave a comment below.

Now i am fully aware and ensuring more careful approach.

jojo
Level 10

Hidden reviews, related issues and after

@MortenCopenhagen @TsekoV In continuation of update 15-8-22 i submitted my Google form 

Google Maps profile for review,since i  believe that my  contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Hence my hidden reviews are fully published.Strictly aware of following the polices , after that i had written  6 reviews most of them supported by photos and to my surprise none of them were  published.

Now i am reluctant to persue reviewing well knowing that  the already published reviews may be again hidden or  even i may be  suspended. To tell you frankly,  it strongly affected my interest,incentivec and inspiration of reviewing considering the risk factor and wastge of  time.

jojo
Connect Moderator

Re: Hidden reviews, related issues and after

@jojo522 

As your last post is a continuation of a previous conversation, to keep Connect organized I am merging it in there.

In Maps user-generated content policy the team says "We use a combination of people and machine-learning algorithms to detect such content and to help prevent it from being viewed by others". Of course the algorithm is not 100% perfect, and this is the reason why Google is asking us (if we believe that our reviews aro not violating any policy) to fill the module for the team to check our profile.

No one of us has a "trusted" way to by-pass the rules, so time by time I may have to fill the form too. In this way I am helping the ASI to improve the capacity of filtering only inappropriate contents