cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

🌏 Happy Mother Earth Day || Local Guide Clean the World - Education

Happy Mother Earth Day - Local Guide Clean the World - Education

Earth day 2018 theme - "End Plastic Pollution"

What makes Earth feel like hell is our expectation that it should feel like heaven. - Chuck Palahniuk

We may have cultural disparities, social difference, political biases, religious agony, self interest and so on but remember we have only and only Earth which is maintaining our livelihood at no cost and no demand.happy-mother-earth-day-background_23-2147782762.jpg

There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more. - 
 Lord Byron

And I also agree with it cent percent. We all have two mothers: one biological and other the international mother; the Earth. So I bow down my head to her in this Earth day.

A young person needs 16 kg Oxygen per day.

We human are the major pollutants of the nature, there is no doubt. From Earth we obtain everything that is needed to maintain our livelihood. Normally every life begins in Earth and ends in Earth. There is everything. But it’s our human nature that sometimes we forget that even the gadget which we are currently using to read this post also came from the Earth. If we can use human intelligence in development and innovation so why not we use our intelligence for the betterment of our environment. The carrying capacity of Earth is limited and we need to maintain it for us not for the protection of Earth. Because nature has a capacity to maintain itself. The Earth has passed through different eons and eras, and maintained a biological time scale to give us a birth to this stage. She came up with no life and is rejoicing her creation meanwhile. Because of our un eco friendly works aren’t we evacuating us? The garden never wants any flowers to be picked up and if picked up it creates a new space for new flowers with addition of new era with no human life.Images-Of-Earth-Day-Posters-4-1.jpg

“Nature has enough for our need but not for our greed." - Mahatma Gandhi

There is rule of punitive justice according to which the violator of the rules & regulations must be punished. The human race has somehow violated the rule of nature through a pollution so many punitive actions are currently on surface. People are dying from different disorders like respiratory diseases, neuro-affections, neuromuscular blockade, cancer etc.

Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” - Einstein

But there is a huge injustice which always makes me worried. We have used our rivers as drainage and oceans as dustbins. This has adversely affected the life of creatures living in aquatic and marine ecosystem. The terrestrial pollution has caused vulnerable calamities like soil erosion, ozone depletion, blockage in plant respiration, acid rain, greenhouse effect, global warming, nuclear pollution, radiation hazards etc. The red data book of UNEP shows that many creatures are becoming extinct day by day. I never say that we need to invest our resources for protection of life on Earth rather than finding alien in another planet because the progress must never be stopped. The progress has tuned us for global unification and as a part of it we are sharing our thoughts worldwide. My only intention is that keeping the progress always up we must maintain the ecosystem of world as it was before.

What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on? - Henry David Thoreau

Telling all those we cannot overlook the good efforts in protecting world’s environment. Many cities are implementing the approach of green city, carbon trade, sustainable development, managed urbanization, drainage filtration, petroleum consumption reduction, hydro electricity utilization, solar plant operation, nuclear weapons disarmament, 3R (reduce, reuse & recycle) of waste etc. Establishment of UNEP, Stockholm Conference, Helsinki convention, Kyoto protocol, World Conservation Strategy, Agenda 21, Green Peace Movement, CITES, Ramsar Convention, IUCN Red Data List etc. are some measurable efforts for the protection of Earth’s environment. We had celebrated ‘The Day of 7 Billion’ in October 31, 2011 with a slogan "build global awareness around the opportunities and challenges associated with a world of seven billion people". The world is big, the population is big, the issues are big and the actions are also big. So what a single local guide can do? Isn’t it just like adding a drop of water in the ocean? Our common answer is YES and we speak out loud NO for formality. But let us think in a reverse way. Am I not the one among 7 billion? Am I not the one polluter? Isn’t it my responsibility to clean the world? background-for-the-international-mother-earth-day-in-flat-design_23-2147783536.jpg

“And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.” - William Shakespeare

How one can clean the world individually?

(One match is enough to light the fire.)

• Reduction of waste production at home
  • Categorization of produced waste as decomposable and non decomposable.
  • Using the decomposable waste as fertilizer, and recycling and reusing non decomposable waste
  • Using paper bag or reusable bag (bag made of cloth) instead of polythene bag
  • Mitigation of plastic products
  • Walking or cycling to go to nearby places
  • Using carburetor in personal vehicles
  • Replacing petroleum vehicles by solar vehicles
  • Sharing the knowledge with others
  • Feeling own land with plants (plantation)
  • Reduction in operation time of use of refrigerators
  • Replacing chemical fertilizers by organic fertilizers
  • Using electric utensils
  • Digitalizing the paper works
  • Using durable products

One moon, one star I love the one we are.
One thread, one line let's stand still in time - Katy Perry

How can we clean the world in a group ( any community like local guide community)?

• Exercising cleaning the world in each meetups by avoiding use of plastic products
  • Conducting meetup events solely in cleaning prospective
  • Conducting geo walk in nearby places solely walking
  • Conducting public awareness program
  • Starting cleaning programs from own community
  • Displaying the outcomes of cleaning programs to other groups to create motivation
  • Involving locals in meetups and coordinating with local administrative bodies
  • Promoting durable products

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. - Helen Keller4a8e700ddba8b40229784bc977fe5877.jpg

Hoping to see your group ahead of other when it comes to cleaning the world. Happy Mother Earth Day

🌏 2018. Thank you so much

Bishowvijaya Pandey

Physicist & the Google local guide

Kathmandu, Nepal

The world is not in your books and maps, it’s out there.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

[ All the images used here are royalty free ]

Nepal
30 comments
Level 8

Re: 🌏 Happy Mother Earth Day || Local Guide Clean the World - Education

Happy Earth Day @BishowvijayaP,  lets keep our mother earth clean. 

Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP

I really never knows the figures and amount & numbers you point out here, before reading this post,

Thank you so much for the great tribute to the mother nature,

Beautiful logos and nice photos

Of course I want to mention @Julien44 and @Miroslov (I can't mention him)

Thanks for sharing

Have a nice day

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP Wow the illustrations are no doubt are amazing and your suggestions caught my eye @ErmesT

@BishowvijayaP I will add this post link to my maps

How one can clean the world individually?

(One match is enough to light the fire.)

• Reduction of waste production at home
  • Categorization of produced waste as decomposable and non decomposable.
  • Using the decomposable waste as fertilizer, and recycling and reusing non decomposable waste
  • Using paper bag or reusable bag (bag made of cloth) instead of polythene bag
  • Mitigation of plastic products
  • Walking or cycling to go to nearby places
  • Using carburetor in personal vehicles
  • Replacing petroleum vehicles by solar vehicles
  • Sharing the knowledge with others
  • Feeling own land with plants (plantation)
  • Reduction in operation time of use of refrigerators
  • Replacing chemical fertilizers by organic fertilizers
  • Using electric utensils
  • Digitalizing the paper works
  • Using durable products
Anonymous
Not applicable

So nice post @BishowvijayaP.

Caring for our mother Earth should be priority to all of us! ☺️

U really dedicate some special quotes to mother Earth day and that make it all stand out.

You did educate us all with this post! 👏👏

Level 10

Thank you so much @RupendraNeupane. 🙂 Let's come up with specific plan. Happy mother earth day. 😃

Level 10

Hello @AkmalB if everything inthe post was known to you then it won't be the education dear. 😂

Thank you so much for supporting theough feedback. We are on the the same surface; the outerlayer of Earth. So together we can maintain it. Happy mother earth day. 😃

Level 10

I am pleased that you got all stuffs in the post useful @DavidTito. It will be a kind of honuur to add list in a my map. Thank you so much for this. 😃 Happy mother earth day. 🙂

Level 10

Liking the initiation creates the foundation and you did it through your comment @Anonymous. Thank you ao much for this support. 😃 We need to create attention along with action on this issue. 😃 Happy mother earth day. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Happy Mother Earth Dary all of you guys and @BishowvijayaP. Let's we local guides make our planet clean and green.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.