Hdpatel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Google maps issue - unfollow business

Hello,

I'm facing this issue with Google maps and was advised to reach out using local guides connect:

https://support.google.com/maps/thread/134896888/not-following-any-places-but-following-tab-in-googl...

On Google maps, I'm not following any accounts. Yet, in my Updates tab I can see two businesses that I simply cannot remove and have nothing to do with me whatsoever (see images attached for reference).

There is no option to remove these from my Updates menu option. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much

89 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google maps issue - unfollow business

Hi @Hdpatel 

To follow a business is very different from following an account.

To unfollow a business you will have to use the procedure explained in Follow businesses and places in Google Maps :

• Open the Google Maps app
  • Tap Saved. At the bottom, tap Following. A complete list of the places you follow will display.
  • To unfollow an individual business or place, tap Following.

This is the standard procedure. However, as it seems the process doesn't work for you, can you please try to make sure that your app is updated to the latest version?

Can you also share here your operating system version, and the app version?

On the meantime, I will tag @Bobiisha for a check

Level 1

Hello @ErmesT,

Hope you're well.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. My Google maps app does seem to be on the latest version 11.11.2. Also my phone is running Android 12 which is up to date as well. I've tried looking for a solution via lots of online articles, but no luck yet.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Hdpatel,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I will forward this information to our teams so they can investigate further.

Meanwhile, I will also move your post to our How-tos board, where Local Guides ask questions and express their doubts. More information on Connect's labels is available here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @Hdpatel,

Can you please try to uninstall the latest Google Maps update (by holding the Google Maps icon) and install it manually? Let me know the results. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 1

Hello @Bobiisha,

Thanks for your quick reply. I couldn't uninstall as per your comment, but I went into Google Play Store, uninstalled from there, and then Updated from there. Maps now doesn't seem to have the Contribute and Updates icon at the bottom. So I'm unable to check if the restaurant issue still persists or not. Can you please advise?

Thanks again

Screenshot_20220114-101515.png

Hi @Hdpatel,

Can you please make sure that you have the latest version of Google Maps? 

Level 1

Hi @Bobiisha 

I'm on 11.12.3 for Google Maps. And Play Store doesn't show any newer update options, so I'm guessing it's the latest version.

Level 1

Hi @Bobiisha,

Hope you're well.

Just posting back on here that post reinstall of app and post updates, I can still see the businesses in the Updates section. So the issue still persists, same as before.

Level 1

Hi @Bobiisha @ErmesT 

Hope you're well.

Any update on this thread please?

Thanks