AlexanderRex's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Google does not let me add a popular restaurant to the map.

Google does not let me add a popular restaurant to the map.

This is a real-life restaurant in the local park of the city of Stavropol. Google constantly cancels my edits (does not accept them). I have a perfect contribution history, I have never created fake locations.

This situation discourages me and deprives me of inspiration for improving Google maps

AlexanderRex_0-1596185446224.png

Ставрополь, Россия
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google does not let me add a popular restaurant to the map.

@AlexanderRex that message isn't about you, it is about the geographic area - it means place editing is not allowed in that geographic area.

That may be because Maps editing isn't rolled out to that area, or because its been disable due to bad abuse.

Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: Google does not let me add a popular restaurant to the map.

Hi @AlexanderRex 

The message that you are receiving seems to be clear: "Google isn't accepting edits to this Location". It means that is not because of you, it is because of the location. The area had several spam attack, so it is very possible that Google locked the area for the Users Generated Contents.

In addition please note that adding unnecessary photos when adding a place is totally useless.

What I normally do is to add a single, clearly understandable, photo of the storefront, with the name of the business clearly visible.

You should remove from your contributions the photos related to "unknown places", that are not giving points to you, but are present as "duplicated photos