AdriansyahPutera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Maps Keeps Crashing After the Latest Update

Hi all,

After installing the latest Google Maps update on my Android cell phone, Google Maps keeps crashing every time I slide up /down my review list on the Reviews tab. I have cleared GM caches and restart my cellphone, but still having the same issue. I'm not sure if it is caused by the system glitches on my cellphone or the latest GM update. I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. Any idea how to fix this issue? 

Regards, Adrian

Cellphone: Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Android version: 9

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Maps Keeps Crashing After the Latest Update

hi @AdriansyahPutera I have had this type of problem in the past, I cleaned the caches history I gave several restarts and it worked finally

Level 10

Thanks a lot for your feedback @To_paul. I will try your suggestion, hopefully it will fix the issue.  

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 5

Yes it is very frustrating... ugh..

Geoff Patten
Level 10

Hi @To_paul, I have tried as you suggested, the bug issue is still affecting GM. 

@GeoffPatten976 , indeed. 

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 10

hi @AdriansyahPutera When you manage to resolve the situation please notify me, I use the maps on four different operating systems and sometimes I have problems. Now I am sorry that I have not been able to help you.

Level 10

Thanks again for your kind response. I really appreciate it, @To_paul

Hello @ErmesT, could you escalate this issue please?

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Connect Moderator

Thank you for your tag @AdriansyahPutera 

Which version of Maps do you have?

On my Apps it has rolled back to the previous version 10.26.0 (the one with "my contributions") while for two days I had the newest version, with "your profile" an "contribute".

Maybe it was rolled back just because of the issues. Please try to 

Connect Moderator

@AdriansyahPutera I was on the verge of writing a post here about the app crashing all the time, as it was getting worse for me the last 2 days (a workaround that still worked for me: open Chrome and enter a city as search term, then go to the Maps tab in the search results), so I was 'happy' to see your post seeming to report the same.

But when checking the app again now... It doesn't crash anymore for me. Definitely some maintenance going on.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

hi @ErmesT and I suffered exactly, went a day then went back to the version with "my contributions" I said it would be my fault because I had made an Android 10 upgrade to one device, then I accessed the map on another older Android device I said a sync was done. Now running version 10.26.0, but I had no problems not working. I had no crashes