Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Free Google drive storage

QHi,

我已是Level 7, 熱衷旅遊和攝影!

有個意見:

可否我上傳給Google Maps 分享的照片,不佔我的Google Drve 的容量?

我認為提供照片又重覆佔了容量空間似乎不是好的䇿略!

請思考這問題!!

PLin

Level 5

Level 6

I am local guide level 6  i am cross level 4 but i have not received 1 TB space in google drive 

Level 10

Re: Level 6

The Google Drive storage promotion offer ended back in March 2017. Local Guides Team had sent an email and announced it here.

For more information, here you go - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Storage-Promotion-Ending/td-p/...
Level 8

Re: Level 6

Google stopped give out 1TB go storage awhile ago. They changed it to 100gb of storage. But I believe that was for a limited time, is looks like the perk it 3 month of Google music. Link https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/7362580?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797

Level 5

Free (Extra) Google Drive storage

I have already reached Level 5 as a google local guide but did not receive any mail regarding the free storage claim/

Level 10

Re: Free (Extra) Google Drive storage

Dear @SanjeetB, as of now there is no such offer/perk open to LG of any level.

Thanks

@SanjeetB wrote:

I have already reached Level 5 as a google local guide but did not receive any mail regarding the free storage claim/

Level 8

Re: Free (Extra) Google Drive storage

Hii @SanjeetB

As @ProfArunCM said the Drive Storage Promotion Ended in March

But here the New Perk available for Local Guide Level 4+

New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+(Post by TraciC)

Note: This perk is only available to new customers who are not current Google Play Music subscribers, and have not been Google Play Music subscribers or participated in a Google Play Music trial in the past 12 months. Existing and recent Google Play subscribers in eligible countries are eligible for 75% off a movie rental. Read below for more information.

PlayPerk.jpg

We’re excited to share a new global perk for the community! As a thank you for sharing great content on Google Maps, Local Guides who reach Level 4 and beyond by August 31, 2017 can get 3 months of Google Play Music and 75% off a movie rental on Google Play. The perk varies by country.

You can redeem your Perk here Local Guides Home

Happy to Help You.

Level 10

Those poor people who think that they can get 1TB/100GB of free space

There are so many of them. I keep expecting that people will stop thinking that they have earned free storage, but they keep coming.

This reminds me of that urban legend of how you could get a free Tootsie pop if you find a picture of a guy shooting a star on your wrapper. Eventually the grocery store in my home town gave up, and started giving kids free suckers, even though there never was a Tootsie promotion like that.

Maybe Google should start giving a very modest amount of storage, like 2 free GB, when you get to the equivalent of what used to be Level 4. It's probably Level 6 or maybe 7 now. Google gives those out already for Security checkups. Or, better yet, make people do a security checkup and get to Level 6/7. Or, give 0.005 GB of free storage for every picture that you upload. It would be similar to how Gmail used to give you a tiny bit more free storage every day, but it was so small that it didn't really matter much. Then, with every picture counting for 0.005 GB, after only two hundred thousand pictures uploaded, you could earn your free terabyte of storage. It wouldn't really actually be much, but maybe it would keep local guides from storming off after they realize there are no "benefits."

Connect Moderator

Re: Those poor people who think that they can get 1TB/100GB of free space

I like your idea, @JosephDewey, so I've moved your post in "feedback...." Board, for other to discuss about this. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Re: Those poor people who think that they can get 1TB/100GB of free space

Cómo piensa @ErmesT, estoy de acuerdo contigo @JosephDewey, quizás una variable a esta opción podría ser viable, sin ser lo que teníamos antes que lo considero excesivo... 

saludos Farid.