راضي's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

GOOGLE MAPS OFF LINE

Google Maps is the preferred application for millions of users to search for their destination on the go.

The application depends entirely on the Internet connection, which may be a financial burden on some, especially those who rely on datasets data with limited monthly capacity.

There is a simple way to use the application without the Internet, in a specific area that the user uploads when the Wi-Fi network is available for use when he leaves his place without an Internet connection.

Even if the user loses an Internet connection, the routing service will remain operational if it is to the same destination, and the route has not undergone any actual changes.

Steps to store maps without the Internet:
- Open the Google Maps app

- Find the region or location you want to download.

- If you searched for a specific place, the name bar should appear at the bottom, and if it is not, just click and hold somewhere on the map to show the section, tap it to see more options.

- Click to download.

- You can now zoom in and out, making the download area larger or smaller.

- After making your selection, click the Download button in the lower right corner.

- Once you've downloaded the maps you want, you can navigate and search for directions as you would when connected to the Internet.

حائل السعودية
9 comments
Level 10

Re: GOOGLE MAPS OFF LINE

Hi @راضي,

Congratulations your post is easy to understand.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the useful post @راضي

Most welcomed because many local guide are unaware of this important function, that gives the possibility to drive in areas with low or missing internet connection

Ermes

Level 9

Thank you, that's a helpful post!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

You're welcome @ErmesT

@MiaMaria@Venance

Level 10

Thanks a lot for this informative post @راضي. I would be better to have pin dropping facility  for missing places  being offline. I don't know it is possible or not.

Level 9

Hi @BishowvijayaP

If you drop a pin while you are off line it will gives you Directions, save, Label, Share Place. It will give you the Options to added missing places on Google maps

Cheers

Saudi local guide 

Level 10

I will try it bro @راضي. Thank you so much. 🙂

Level 9

You are welcome brother @BishowvijayaP

There's some thing called Pluse codes

Inshaallah i will write a great post about it

See you around

ChChee

Saudi local guide 

Level 10

Offline map didn't give option to add missing places @راضي.  I tried to do that.