ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live short Recap

Knowing the way you write, knowing your great photographic skills, now I am excited too, @Marichams 

I can't wait to read your November post (or your series) about Connect Live '19

I want only to add a small not.

This is only what we can (NDA) show. For the best, real part, you will have to wait until November. 🙂

Can't wait to meet you

Level 8

I will have to get my eyes into the NDA! before posting anything, because I can see myself trying to share the world, hahaha.

This pops a question in my mind: I have been telling some Dominican friends and colleagues about the Local Guides program and was planning to do a series of videos to spread that program here, and see if anyone got exited about joining it... In your experience, what do you think I should consider and which warnings should I keep in mind @ErmesT ?

Hi there! I'm Maricha MS, an experience collector from the Dominican Republic who loves sharing cultural and travel related topics. Wanna see what caught my attention while discovering different places of the world? Check out my contributions here on Connect.
Connect Moderator

This is a good question @Marichams 

How to combine fun and help together?

I gave a short lesson about the program on our last meet-up [RECAP] Slowmotion tra i fiori - #noncalpestareifiori. I didn't realized that @manulele81 was filming (the video is in Italian, sorry) so I was moving around, and the audio in not good.

The idea was to start the experience from the user point of view (searching for a restaurant, watching the photos and reading the reviews) switching then to the Local Guide view, first through the funny aspect (adding photos and reviews) then through the helpful aspect (editing), highlighting the importance of sharing information.

Explaining the meaning of Local (we know the place) Guide (we use our experience for guiding others on the places that we know).

It is also important to know that the fun cannot be a reason for giving wrong, or useless information. We should upload on Maps what we expect to find, so no selfies, no photos of vacation, no long sequences of the same subject, and so on.

On this, we can found a big help on the Local Guides program Help Page

Can't wait to see your video lesson

Level 8

This only looks like a dream land. So refreshing to read it during quarantine.
Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!