LuigiZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Flowers, a joy to share with friends

Flowers are beautiful, flowers are colorful, some flowers are special, have you ever seen la Fioritura in Castelluccio di Norcia? Well, if not, you should!

We’ve joined the Norcia meetup organized by @manulele81, the first meetup after the Covid lockdown and it has been so much a joy to see again friends in person, spend some time together and visit the amazing places where Emanuele lives.

Group selfie in the grass with the shape of Italy made of trees in background and some colorful flowers - Local guide @LuigiZGroup selfie in the grass with the shape of Italy made of trees in background and some colorful flowers - Local guide @LuigiZ

We reached Norcia on the Thursday afternoon since the meetup would have been starting early in the morning the day after, but this allowed us to dine together, with the social distancing between the tables, and meet again with each other, @FlavioDA was joining too .. and this special occasion deserved of course a group selfie!

Group selfie at the first meetup dinner after Covid-19, with social distancing between tables - Local guide @LuigiZGroup selfie at the first meetup dinner after Covid-19, with social distancing between tables - Local guide @LuigiZ

The day after meeting was at 8:00 in Castelluccio, the day was foggy and we could admire a beautiful view of the valley filled up with the fog just like smoke.

Castelluccio di Norcia valley full covered by early morning fog, photo took from the street going down into the valley - Local guide @LuigiZCastelluccio di Norcia valley full covered by early morning fog, photo took from the street going down into the valley - Local guide @LuigiZ

After the initial preparation, oh yes because Emanuele is always so well organized in his meetups bringing all kind of gadgets, from a mid morning appetizer for everyone, water and this time the big Local Guides balloon coming directly from Connect Live 2019, we started our natural walk while sun was starting to shine inside the morning fog.

The view was amazing, the flowers were amazing! Yes because don’t forget the reason of the meetup, to admire the famous and beautiful flowers of this place, forming shades of colors everywhere in the Pian Grande. This time we had mix of red and yellow with bit of blue inside, red and yellow are planted seeds mostly from poppies and lentils (delicious lentils of this area!) while the other colors are given also to the particular composition of the ground together with the seasonal weather characteristics.

Collage of pictures took during the flowers photo walk - Local guide @LuigiZCollage of pictures took during the flowers photo walk - Local guide @LuigiZ

We walked for more than 10km, stopping several times for flowers photos, selfies, 360 photos, aerial balloon videos and all kind of media arrangement Emanuele is mastering in.

360 selfie photo while holding balloons took from inside the flowers - Local guide @LuigiZ360 selfie photo while holding balloons took from inside the flowers - Local guide @LuigiZ

The limitation of the pandemic situation was not allowing us to have our lunch inside a restaurant due to the sizes of the local restaurant not being able to guarantee enough social distancing with more people, so we had a beautiful picnic on the grass watching at the hang gliders flying above us and horses riding around us… beauty of nature.

Collage of pictures showing picnic food, horses, hand gliders and a group selfie in the picnic area - Local guide @LuigiZCollage of pictures showing picnic food, horses, hand gliders and a group selfie in the picnic area - Local guide @LuigiZ

Having a weekend ahead we stayed one more night in Norcia so the day after we had the chance to enjoy another photo walk at the Pantani di Accumoli, a valley with two natural lakes and wild animals in the middle of the Monti Sibillini at the border between three regions: Umbria, Marche, Lazio. A very nice walk in the middle of the mountains with a very relaxing lunch and rest in this special natural places before we hand over back home.

Collage of pictures showing the Pantani di Accumoli lakes, wild animals and two group photos, including a selfie - Local guide @LuigiZCollage of pictures showing the Pantani di Accumoli lakes, wild animals and two group photos, including a selfie - Local guide @LuigiZ

A joy to share with friends, especially when we have been allowed to move inside the country again, and a joy also again to share this experience as a Local Guide!

Selfie with @manulele81 while holding a big Local Guides balloon coming directly from Connect Live 2019 - Local guide @LuigiZSelfie with @manulele81 while holding a big Local Guides balloon coming directly from Connect Live 2019 - Local guide @LuigiZ

360 bullet time group video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/11vHHXGHTVRfYuSv8

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Castelluccio, PG, Italia
44 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Flowers, a joy to share with friends

Hi @LuigiZ and @manulele81  so happy to see that you could do and enjoy the offline meet-up in a beautiful place. I'm sure that your weekend was so meaningful. 

Wow.. 10 km walking. Well, I guess you won't feel that it was long, right? Because when you walked, then you will stop for a while, and definitely do a SELFIE 📷😄

I wonder how come you brought back the Connect Live 2019 big balloon? 😆

Connect Moderator

Thank you very much @Velvel, yes we had a wonderful walk and we completely didn't notice the distance till the evening back in the hotel when we were all tired 😂.

It has been a very enjoyable meetup especially because meeting friends after the lockdown period, and of course take some new selfies again!!! 😝

The balloon? Well, that's a task accomplished by @manulele81 😙.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 9

Thanks for the post Luigi, it's fantastic and very complete article! With some time I will translate to publish on local website!

@Velvel for the ballon I asked the it "on loan" during the meetup at the botanical garden, it was beautiful and at the end of the experience we had fun deflating it by playing with helium!

@PaulPavlinovich  do you remember?

Connect Moderator

It's so so nice to see your reunion with @manulele81 and @FlavioDA in such a beautiful place and through the amazing photos you all took 😊

I'm really happy you guys were able to do this!

Connect Moderator

Muy lindo post @LuigiZ y feliz de poder ver como ya pudieron salir y poder compartir juntos una salida al campo, almorzando y disfrutando de la naturaleza, hermosos paisajes, me gusto mucho el globo de Local Guides 😀👍

Gracias por compartir y felicitaciones.

Saludos Farid.

Level 9

@LuigiZ 

Wow, feel jealous you all are enjoying  so much greenary mountain's beautiful place .

Here we still lockdown today there was annoument if you move out your vehicle will be seized, won't get job, many more things 10 days strict lockdown. 

I am happy to see you all having gal time after lockdown. Thanks for sharing beautiful picture. 

Level 9

Wonderful pix!! Celebrating Flower Power:) @LuigiZ 

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Level 8

WOW!! Very good looking photo and nice place. Thank you very much @LuigiZ my dear brother for beautiful flowers photo sharing with us.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @manulele81, feel free to share 😊.

Thanks a lot @Jesi, yes it has been super fun and enjoyable even more than as usual after all of this situation 😀.