ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Feeling of sun - How do you capture your sunset?

@ErmesT I see, that is creative. I think I had mien without sun here (palm trees over rice field by Canon 700D, 18-135mm: Sophia_20)

IMG_20200630_223301_465.jpg

Connect Moderator

Amazing @Sophia_Cambodia 

everything become indistinct, and the feeling of the heat on the fog is very "important", on your photo

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT thank you once again. I have not thought about it like that at the time. It just looked so beautiful so I captured it. Btw, your last photo of the lagoon reminded me of a terrific sunset experience over the Great Lake, aka Tonle Sap. It is one of the amazing sunset experience I have ever had. The sun above the lake, plus million of Birds coming back home over the trees.. what a combination. I have never seen it anywhere else. It was like a painting by the master mind.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome once again, @Sophia_Cambodia .

I can close my eyes and imagine the birds, black on an orange sky.

Sometimes for me the feeling is more important of a self explanatory photo. I agree with you, "it was beautiful, I took a photo", but time by time I like to ask to myself: "what gives the idea (the feeling) of something?". We know that it is sunset, or sunrise, because of the intrinsic nature of the event, the reflections, the shadows, the colour of the light. So I wanted to challenge myself.

Same for the moon (I don't know if you like to take photos of the moon). After 10, 20, 100 photos of the full moon, I wanted to challenge myself, and to "use" the moon as part of a bigger paint: "The Eagle has landed" - The moon on your stories 

I believe that challenging ourselves is a way to improve, don't you agree?

Level 8

@ErmesT 

Amazing💕😍

Regards Tejal

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT thank you.. you are totally right! you must enjoy taking landscape photography a lot too! I am more into anything. Other than that, I think because the quality of the camera too. Taking photos like the sun or the moon needs a high quality one. However, I think some from the moon, just not very good quality!