Varsin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Featured Photos after 5 days, 1 week possible?

I already uploaded over 3000 pictures, but I never noticed that a picture was featured after 1 week. All my featured photos were in the first place after I uploaded them. So I wanted to ask, if somebody got featured pictures after 2 days or 1 week?

4 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Featured Photos after 5 days, 1 week possible?

Hello @Varsin 

The phenomenon informed by you is possible.

The AI keeps on scanning good quality images & then alters the sequence. Thus, a photo may not get featured instantly but after some time.

Further, if the owner has claimed the place,then it may happen after someone notices a better pic & decides to alter the ranking.

Connect Moderator

Of course it can happen, @Varsin , one of my photos has been featured after long time (weeks) from the upload and now, after two years, still be the featured photos.

The cover photo is selected by the algorithm, as @C_T clearly explained

Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT @C_T 

Okay good, then I have now the confirmation that it is possible.

Level 10

Hi @Varsin  It actually can happen in minutes especially if it's a new place or POI. I'm writing a post on featured photos soon, showing how you can get more featured photos, currently I have over 1180 reviews, and over 3700 photos. Of my reviews at last check I have over 32% of my reviews using my featured photo. It can happen instantly or within days Especially if Google deems it a better photo.

Google will also change it's algorithms twice a year .Normally in June and November.