Dhanasekaran_Muthu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Edit option for Villages Neighbourhoods or Towns

I find no edit option  is available now for Villages or Towns - The original tag is incorrectly spelt or translation in the regional languages are incorrectly given / auto translated in several places.

Is there a solution for this - anyone can explain ??

Dhanasekaran
India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Edit option for Villages Neighbourhoods or Towns

Hi @Dhanasekaran_Muthu

Local Guides can not edit the names of road or town.

You can send a feedback to Google Maps team, for them to correct the name. Here is the procedure: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Please note that I have merged your posts with the same content. If you need to chenge your original post, it is not necessary to repost it. You can simply make an edit.

Press the three black dots on the right top of your post then click on "edit"

edit2.JPG

Ermes

View solution in original post

Level 10

Edit option for Villages Neighbourhoods or Towns

I find no edit option  is available now for Villages or Towns - The original tag is incorrectly spelt or translation in the regional languages are incorrectly given or auto translated in several places.

Is there a solution for this - can anyone explain 

Dhanasekaran
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Dhanasekaran_Muthu

Local Guides can not edit the names of road or town.

You can send a feedback to Google Maps team, for them to correct the name. Here is the procedure: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Please note that I have merged your posts with the same content. If you need to chenge your original post, it is not necessary to repost it. You can simply make an edit.

Press the three black dots on the right top of your post then click on "edit"

edit2.JPG

Ermes

Level 10

Thank you for the instant response. I will go through the link 

Dhanasekaran
Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT for guiding to editing the misspelled or wrongly auto translated names in regional language..We didn't find any options to edit them. But after knowing the limitations of LGs, we will surely follow the link and suggest to the authority for making Google Map much healthier..

Thanks @Dhanasekaran_Muthu for raising the same concerns.

Level 9

@ErmesT, @brittym

A very big Hi from hitesh..

I have sent too many suggestions for editing the incorrectly translated names of villages/towns surrounding to my area before at least 15 days. Mostly are improperly translated in our local Gujarati language. The numbers may be approximately more than 25 places. After a long wait still not a single place has been edited by Google Authority. I am waiting for any action from your end, so that I may suggest much more places to be edited correctly. May i know how much time will it take to be implemented.???

Hope for your prompt and friendly guidance..

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Google Contributor

@Hitesh_68 Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to edit places around you and make sure they're correct. When edits are submitted, they're placed into a queue for manual and automatic review. It can take time - please be patient and thanks for all that you're doing.

Level 9

Hi @brittym

Thank you very much for your prompt and kind reply.

Yaa..I am getting matured with level-by-level, and can assure you for cent percent of correctness regarding suggestions made by me for editing translation of Village/town names surrounding to me. I just wanted to confirm that whether my suggestions are reported to the right place or being evaluated or not. Now got it. I am having enough patience to wait for all of them after your gentle assurance..

Would you believe that I feel myself working as a Part of Google, not as just a Local Guide. Because I love to work heartily. 

Thanks for giving this opportunity.

Regards,

Hitesh