LG_Kees's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Deleting locations on Maps because of students that try to create sex-houses on Maps

Hi, 

There is a Dutch news item about a student that has created a few locations and marked them as a sex house / night club, just for fun / as a prank to test Google....

I have updated the opening hours and the locations are now permanently closed.

Will that be sufficient? 

How or when will this location be permanently removed from the Map?

Shouldn't  that guy also be "flagged"?

The location is for instance: Partyflat Pasila in Deventer, the Netherlands

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Deleting locations on Maps because of students that try to create sex-houses on Maps

Hi @LG_Kees How are you?

I am sorry about the issue, and thanks for closing them. Regarding your question, no, it is not sufficient: if the locations are fake Google should remove them from Maps. However it can be interesting to track back the accounts to see if the creators added also other places in other locations.

Can you kindly send me a PM with a list of the places you closed? In this way I will be able to make a preliminary check and to raise the issue to the team

Level 10

Re: Deleting locations on Maps because of students that try to create sex-houses on Maps

Top Ermes, 

It is indeed more than 3 years since the last convention 🙂

I have sent the details to you in a personal message.

Level 10

I also have trouble to remove from maps a fake location in my neighbourhood:

It looks like a bunch of kids is having lots of fun here:
1693162704058.jpg 

Deleting this place seems to be impossible, because it was claimed by the spammers, who are now replying as an "owner".

I reported this place several times but each time my change was rejected:
1693163972870.jpg

I finally managed to mark this place as permanently closed, but the "owner" reopened it...
1693162704029.jpg

The places itself as well as all "reviews" is one big joke.

What can I do to finish this mockery?
Connect Moderator

Google Vendor

Hi @mirekl,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern. I have checked the location you mentioned and it seems to have been removed from Maps. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!